Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 8 of 8

Postby Pitufo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:32 pm
I don´t have info Paolo, but desires: a spanish city!!!!!!!I will take a plane, and will pay overcharges of lugagges when I come back with 60-70 white unicef smurfs!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:43 pm
:haha: :hi5:

Nice one Joaquin. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Simon X » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:49 pm
:haha: :hi5:

Nice one Joaquin. :-D
I think, maybe he is serious about that??? :???: :)

Postby Pitufo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:56 pm
You are right, Simon!!!!!I am not a joker!!!!!!! :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:55 am
Fingers crossed London!

We had the London Toy fair in the Excel centre last week... who knows!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:03 am
If they're following comic fairs then they won't hit Portugal before october...
Anyone know if they're flying the stands or driving then? If driving it would make sence to move to one of the adjacent countries, if they're flying then it's anyone's guess. :-?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby steveparkes » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:39 pm
Fingers crossed London!

We had the London Toy fair in the Excel centre last week... who knows!
They did indeed Azrael..and they produced a Smurfy promo keyring..I managed to get one, I'll post a picture soon
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:49 am
Here is a write up about the smurfday expo in Angouleme from the French UNICEF site. I have highlighted some interesting info towards the end of the article.
For their birthday, Schtroumpfs join the UNICEF

Published on February 5, 2008

In 2008, Schtroumpfs celebrate their 50 years! To celebrate this birthday, they wished to support the UNICEF. During all the year and in more than 20 European countries, the small blue imps become messengers of the UNICEF, to speak about the ten principal rights of the child. The blow of sending of this event, took place during the 35ème Festival of Band-Drawn of Angouleme, of Thursday 24 at Sunday January 27, 2008.

An exposure and animations around Schtroumpfs and L’UNICEF were installation. The festival ones and the inhabitants D’Angouleme had in particular the surprise to awake Friday January 25 in the morning with 4 000 figurines of Schtroumpfs white natural size, which had invaded the city during the night, so that each one can take part in the contest of creativity organized for L’occasion, while coloring, combing or decorating these figurines with L’envi. These figurines birthdays were also on sale on stand UNICEF, during the duration of the festival. Thanks to L’purchase of this figurine, 5 euros are transferred with L’UNICEF to support its programs D’education on the ground. With more than 220 000 visitors, come as well to discover the data base of author as to honour creations with Peyo, stand UNICEF was quickly dévalisé: in all, 1 073 Schtroumpfs were sold to make it possible to collect 5 365 euros, with the profit of L’UNICEF.
But L’event S’does not stop there! Throughout L’year, Schtroumpfs will carry out a true European round. Their birthday will enclose on October 23, 2008 in Belgium by an auction sale of all Schtroumpfs giants with the profit of L’UNICEF.
Still a little patience… Soon, you will be able also schtroumpfer with us by supporting L’UNICEF.
Link

Postby steveparkes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 am
Oooh, thanks for highlighting that Rachel :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 am
Wow! Is that around the time of the smurfy fair?

Postby Picaja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 am
The smurfy fair Brussels = 11 & 12 october 2008
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:24 am
I have to work then so that's a bummer :( I could take time off but on Sundays I earn double pay so I'd be daft not to work as I work 12 hour days on weekends (that'd be €600 just for the Sunday!!).

Maybe next year though :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby mrs.einstein » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:37 am
This means 2 visits to Brussels within one month!:-)
Luckily, it`s my neighbour country, however it`s quite a long drive.
Thanks Rachel for that info!

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:31 am
Band-Drawn of Angouleme
Band-Drawn?! :lol: That's a translation to the letter... did you use an online translator for that article or what? :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:10 am
Thank you Rachel & Nance. :-D

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:50 pm
Band-Drawn of Angouleme
Band-Drawn?! :lol: That's a translation to the letter... did you use an online translator for that article or what? :)
Yep, I'm afraid so. :yes:

Postby FlamingO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:31 pm
Hmmmmmm, A schtroumpf giant would be nice :-D I wonder how much they will go for :-? a forum mascot would be nice :) :cheers:

Postby bradley » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:19 am
Hmmmmmm, A schtroumpf giant would be nice :-D I wonder how much they will go for :-? a forum mascot would be nice :) :cheers:
Bid on the celeb designed smurf from Scheveningen - it probably won't go for much because its a terrible design and bad paint job.... you could just paint over the top of it, lol.

Brad.

Postby Azrael » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 am
Two trips to Belgium in ONE month!!!

ARGHHHHHH!!! :banghead: Better start saving now then!

I think if I had to pick one over the other I would do the fair instead! Be good to see yu all again and put names to faces this time!

AL
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 8 of 8

Login