Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tamtam » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:19 am
Happy Sunday everyone,

Yes, we had a successful day at the Flea. I spoke to the Bucket woman today. She asked if I was the one that bought the big lot of smurfs from her and I owned up to it. She also asked me if they were hard to find. I told her that they come and go. Some weeks nothing and other weeks oodles. I didn't want to tell her too much incase she decided to jack the price up really high. She seemed nice but I think there may have been a hidden agenda with her questions. We will now call her Sneaky McBucket!!! :) I bought the Cook 20073 from her. I already had it but I knew my smurf buddy was looking for one. So I sauntered down the aisle and there was a new fellow selling G.I. Joe's and he had 3 smurfs, $1.00 each. So I bought those ones, Cupid with a brown bow, Guard without his staff and with a bit of liquid paper on him and the Farmer. I gave the farmer to my smurf buddy too. I continued down the aisle and spotted a box of old toys on the floor. Now I usually just take a quick peek to see what is in the box. If it's newer McDonald's toys and Blue's Clue's stuff, I will pass by but today I noticed a few He-man figures and some Ghost Busters. So I latched on to the Ghost Busters figures and started digging and at the very bottom of the box was one very dirty and lonely looking thirsty smurf with out his bottle. Kind of looks like he was on the extreme bender of his life, fell into a muddy hole and dropped his beer. So I bought him. If anyone needs an extremely intoxicated and dirty thirsty smurf without his bottle, let me know. Or if you have a spare bottle, he (I) would be very happy. That was it at the Bedford Flea so I went to Dartmouth, stopped at Starbucks for a Vanilla Latte (my treat of the week). I met up with my smurf buddy and she had a sockel boxer on a blue base (You're a knockout!), so we did a little trade while sipping on Latte's.
So then......I went to the Penhorn Flea market because by this time, I was pretty much all hopped up on the caffeine in the Latte (won't sleep for days and that probably explains the length of this post). Not alot on the lines of smurfs, just one pathetic little tennis smurfette but considering I put her in the same rank as the roller skate smurfette on the clown, she stayed on the table. I did however find two Ghost Busters vehicles for a little fellow in Australia named Jack (if he's still into the Ghost Busters).

All in all a very satisfying day in tha land of Smurfs and Ghost Busters.

Tam

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:06 pm
LOL Tam - hope you've come off your caffeine high by now. I tried to go to an antique shop after breakfast this morning but they weren't open yet :x And how nice of you getting Ghostbusters for Jack :)

P.S. Poor dirty thirsty :beer:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:11 pm
Sounds like you had a successful smurf hunt Tam, great news. :D

So Sneaky McBucket wants info on the little blue guys, you could go 2 ways I suppose. Tell her they are all worthless and hope she turns up with something rare as a bargin for you or for a laugh you could tell her that Rollerskate Smurfettes and Clown Smurfs are really expensive, maybe $100 plus and see her try and sell them then. 8-)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tamtam » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:42 pm
HA, too funny Rachel. I will try to sneak that one by her next week.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:10 pm
Hi Tam

Nice to see your luck improve on last weeks expedition. Thanks also for the GB stuff as Jack will be thrilled to get toys in the mail that are actually for him for a change. He's actually off Ghostbusters and onto Star Wars now but I am sure he will still like them.

McBucket......don't they have them at Maccas.....or is that KFC :-? I'm confused now....but it sounds very familiar.

Thanks Tam and another great report :D

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:45 pm
I was able to go to the antique store after lunch but nothing smurfy -- my hubby dragged me to his fantasy store though (for Warhammer) and they have a used games section in the back and there was the Smurf board game :) So all was not lost! Of course, now I may have to go to the fantasy store from now on because he will say that is where I found smurfs :banghead:

I didn't take pics of the game but found this auction that shows the game (got mine for only $4):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:00 pm
You better practise Stace because when I head to the States I am planning on kicking your butt at this game.......or like usual having my butt kicked in a game by you.....i will win one of these days.....you know that don't you. I am not promising anything but I am trying weally hard to win and watch me gloat when I do.

:champ: :champ: :champ: :mosh: :champ: :champ: :champ:
:champ: :champ: :champ: :dance: :champ: :champ: :champ:
:champ: :champ: :champ: :bow: :champ: :champ: :champ:
:champ: :champ: :champ: :mrgreen: :champ: :champ: :champ:
:champ: :champ: :champ: :woohoo: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :woohoo: :champ: :champ: :champ:

AND THE LOSER CAN BUY THE :pizza: AND :beerglass: :beerglass: :beerglass: :beerglass:

SOUND OK?????? :wink:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:05 pm
You're on!! I've already been playing all day so you best get one so you can practice before coming here :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:33 pm
I don't need to practise....because I will be cheating of course. :D

Why do you think I always lose when I am not the banker in Monopoly???.....luck has nothing to do with it......unless you get caught of course.

Trust No Dyar....when playing board games

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:41 pm
hey Dyar

Do you have the world famous flying pig monopoly piece to play with??? be quick only 21 mins left!!
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:03 am
NOoooooooooooooo! I missed that auction by a minute :) Linda, you and I are now both looking in the totally bizarre section of ebay - oh geez, I should really be asleep :cheers: It's after 1am here :shock:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:18 am
lol sorry Staci.....its just so funny. They had 92 available so I'm sure they'll list more :)

I spent about an hour reading the mystery enevlope stuff and now I'm hooked on trying to find the weirdest thing I can on ebay! LOL.

I just saw "a famous detective's ghost which comes with a free pipe".

There seem to also be a lot of "Dutch Oven" type devices in the totally bizarre section.

Its 2:20pm here and I should be doing some schoolwork but hey this is WAY more interesting.
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 1 of 1

Login