Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:58 pm
I know it's not cricket, but I'm going to talk a little trash about the new smurfs.

I'm a little disappointed by the similarities to existing models--back to basics is terrific, but grouchy, papa, and harmony (near) clones? What is smurfette doing, a hula dance?

I admit, though, I like the back-to-basics in concept. Though smurfs nowadays are much nicer--and often more interesting to look at--than I remember in the early 80s, sometimes they grow so elaborate they lose their smurfiness.

At the same time, with this being my first year back after a 20 :shock: year hiatus, kind of hate seeing so many in one batch that look like ones I already have. Are there smurf characters that haven't yet come out in PVC? We see so many harmonies, grouchies, and jokies--maybe a black-haired smurfette someday? :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:07 pm
Hi DrunkSmurf

I do agree with you in that I was a little disappointed with the new smurfs too. I like Vanity and I do like Harmony but the Papa, Grouchy and Smurfette were big disappointments to me. Essentially I don't mind what they do really as long as they keep making new ones as I will still buy them anyway....but I was hoping for totally different molds of the Papa (I know it's different but to the untrained eye they would think they're the same).

What you say is fair enough but I guess I will reserve anymore comments until I see them for myself in the flesh...then I will be able to compare them with the others and have a more educated opinion on how I feel about them.....then again....there is always next year as Santa keeps telling me :x

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:16 pm
Oh yes Drunk smurf the black straw like haired smurfette from when she first aperd in the cartoon. I would love to have one of thouse Iv been waiting for that for quite some time know.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:02 pm
there are lots of great smurfs they could bring out!

from older cartoons & books!...

at least these new ones are not contemporary smurfs..like a Britney Spear's types or something!! or a grundge? new wave?/ or smurfs in bussiness suits!

:cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:40 pm
Yes I agree

bring out the evil Smurfette.....all of those in favour say :eye:

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:25 am
Hear hear! We have made elsewhere on the board a list of suggestions, like a Papa Gnoerf (Jungle smurf)n a Peewit in his goat and Johan on horse, Brainy prisoner, Brainy after opening one of jokeys (with his face all black), Angry Papa, the wizard Homnibus and Fafnir, King Smurf in his nightgown, the Howlibird, ...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:11 am
i agree with you fram

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:39 am
me too! fram!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby JT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:00 pm
You´re genius Fram. :D
Why don´t you work for Schleich :)

Janne

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:31 pm
Great ideas Fram, I would love to see all those characters released.

Drunksmurf, I love your idea of an original smurf, I have only recently started my mission :dragon: of getting into the comics but already I have taken a shine to her. :cheers:

Agree with your comments about the poses of some of the new figures, they are a bit too similar. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:21 pm
As someone who's relatively new to smurf collecting (apart from the 2 super smurfs I bought back in the 80's) I think that producing classic smurfs is a good thing. Up until now I've only been able to buy the current range which are a bit too unlike the comic book characters for my liking. My son on the otherhand likes the current range especially the diver & pirate whereas my daughter loves all the smurfettes. I don't think you can please everyone as we all have different reasons for collecting.

On the other hand I can't understand why they've produced a Papa which is so similar to the one currently available. Maybe Schleich will produce some completely new smurfs for 2006. Now that would be great.

Fram's ideas are really good. I wonder how Schleich decides which products to remove or add. Do they ask collectors / fans for their opinions or just guess what potential customers might buy?

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:43 pm
Well spoken Tojo

:D :-D :D :cheers: :D :-D :D
Page 1 of 1

Login