Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:32 am
At the school I work at we have forgone gift exchanges and instead we buy gifts for children in Mexico who would have no Chrstmas gifts. The idea is that we have ben blessed so much why not do something for someone else instead. Since this is my daughter Hope's first year in school she was able to participate in this program as well. We took her to Toys R Us last night to pick out a gift for the little girl whose name she had. She immediatly said she wanted to go to the aisle where the Smurfs are. She picked out a 4 pack of Jakks Smurfs for her gift to give. We got home and wrapped it and even through in one of our left over Smurf halloween comics (in English unfortunately...but in my experience the children where these are going would be happy to have any comic).
I'm very proud of my daughter. She didn't complain once that she had to buy a gift for someone else and nothing for herself. She was just happy to be buying Smurfs for someone else. When I tolde her that down in meixco smurfs are called Pitufos she looked at me and said, "Daddy their just called smurfs".

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am
What an excellent story! YOu should be very proud to have such an amazing daughter. :D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:02 am
What a brillant idea, your daughter had!!! :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 am
Oh bless her! :D

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 am
That's so sweet of your daughter for her to think of someone else like that! :D :D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 pm
That's a great idea and good to teach the kids at a young age how nice the gift of giving can be :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm
I'm very proud of her. She is a great little girl and I like that she is learning to care about others. There is a short supply of that in children these days. I just had a group of seventh graders bragging about how they all have Ipods that are outdated...when I said I thought those were expensive they said "Only $260 (or somehting similar)" as if that was a small amount of money.
Page 1 of 1

Login