Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:08 am
I've received the official list of what has been discontinued by Schleich Germany. The ones we didn't know about were the Umbrella and also the Windmill is definitely going too and already out of stock. I had ordered some and they never arrived because they are already gone, I am also out of stock. I understand Schleich North America will probably still have stock of this though but no more are being made, that is a fact. I have also added here that the mini models are being discontinued. These are the mini animals so often used to fake smurfs so this could have an impact on the number of fake SCCI smurfs we see in the future. I think they will possibly still do a pig range but the elephants should be on their way out. I'll confirm when I get the new catalogue, apparently some info is on its way to me today in the post.

These are the deletions.

Cute Creatures
10601 Mini Models 400 pcs in CDU
Smurfs
20118 Umbrella
20424 Papa
20470 Pilot
20475 Safari Smurf
20476 Parachutist
20477 Beach Volleyball Player
20478 Sports Reporter
20521 Cyber Smurf
40220 Schoolbench
40224 Blackboard
40253 Scooter Smurf
40255 Racing Driver Red
40259 Smurfette on school bench
40620 Garden
40712 School
40713 Playground
49020 Windmill
49025 Farmhouse
49027 Gargamel's castle

I also have news about the differences with the new papa and will explain more on that in the post about the new smurfs.
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:17 am
wow :( :(

that is alot of stuff!.. I have the feeling they are not replacing any???

maybe they will licence for stuff toother companies??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:29 am
No they are definitely not replacing these items this year. I have a list of all their items which includes the animals and some of the animals are marked as being deleted but with replacements being made instead. The smurfs on the list are just down for deletion.

BUT... It is the anniversary coming up and Schleich are hanging onto that license for a reason, so I don't think this is the end. Personally I think this is to get people back to basics, how the smurfs began, kind of as an introduction to a whole new generation of smurf lovers. I think there is a lot of method in this madness if you know what I mean!! :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:36 pm
Thanks for the info Karen, I agree that although it doesn't look good with all those deletions, with so much talk of a Smurf Movie and revival maybe going back to basics is just the start....... :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby pekkelien » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:31 am
no more smurf? :(

Postby mrssamwisegamgee » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:09 pm
That's too bad on so many deletions this year. :(
You never know alot of good may come out of it as they might release lots of new items and variations to tie in with this new movie being made and then they might reintroduce the older ones again a bit later. :wishing:
Probably trying to buld up a bigger fan base with the younger generation, as smurfs to alot of children will probably be something totally new nowadays :D
:cheers:
Kim
I made a promise mr frodo, a promise to keep on smurfing!

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:19 pm
hi! what worries me is the Schleich Co. being such a cheap company

they may just come out with them again later!!.. in the meantime collectors panic to buy them..thinking they are gone for ever! :lol:

they do this alot with smurfs..

hope fully they will put out totally NEW products for ever..and let the old products become rare
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:15 am
I just want to bump this thread up to remind people of the end of year deletions.
Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:21 pm

These are the deletions.

20521 Cyber Smurf

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh not Todd

Who will be next?.....not Dyar I hope I hope....it's so Schleich like

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:53 am
I bumped this thread up because there seems to be a difference between what Schleich Germany and Schleich North America are saying are deleted. Schleich Germany are the main producers so I would say the information coming from them is the most accurate.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:05 am
Hi Karen

What is the difference between the 2 lists of deletions between these two?

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:30 am
Well I just got Pete's newsletter and he doesn't mention the mushroom umbrella one or the Blackboard super, unless I am going blind! He also didn't mentiont the Papa but probably because the new one is so similar.
Page 1 of 1

Login