Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 2 of 3

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:40 am
It's no problem Lucie...I am happy to help you guys as you all keep me entertained here and that's enough for me.

I will let you know when I have them all and I will try to find series 1 as well if I can.

:-D

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:43 am
yah! its finally here.....no detours to Dyar's house :P
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby smurfcrazie » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:03 pm
Well can anyone find out if those volumes are available to or in Canada.I have Smurfs and the Magic Flute on dvd but thats it.I would love to have the others too.If anyone knows of any of this info,it would be great if you could pass it on to me.

Thank you
Sherry

Smurfy things come in small packages

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:27 pm
Hi Sherry

I thought I heard that they were being released in the US sometime this year but I can not confirm that. Does anybody in the US or Canada know anything about this or have read anything?

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:53 pm
I know you can buy them on the internet from here Sherry but as they're region 4 they'd be pretty useless I'm guessing. I know www.ezydvd.com.au sells them internationally.

I got my last one from www.videoezydvd.com.au however as they were about $5 cheaper. I think they do international post too but I am not sure. You'd save a little as you wouldn't have to pay the GST we have to pay on them but the postage might be a bit.

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:11 pm
I wish they would relise them on DVD here in the U.K. :( I would love to have them. But i dont think they would play from abrord over here?? Unless enyone know difrent??
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:25 pm
I've heard that there is a "dvd unlocker programme" that will allow your dvd to play all regions. I have certainly seen them for sale on ebay but personally I think this is just another one of those scams to get you to part with your money, especailly as the fine print generally says something like "this will not work on all dvd players". Different codes for different dvd players or something.

Someone with more technical knowledge on computers or dvds may be able to prove me wrong however.

Apart from importing a dvd player from Australia I doubt you could get it to work.

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:52 pm
Thats a shame. :( :( :( :(
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby aussiesmurfer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:11 pm
Hi all,

I have had this problem with trying to play a region 1 DVD on our old player.
First up google multi region DVD players or Multi region DVD hacks as I know you can buy multi region DVD players and there are websites that will tell you for free which codes "might work" to unlock your dvd player.
You will also be able to find out if your brand of player is one of those that is unhackable! From my own experience ,if yours is a sony brand and its an early model it probably wont be multi region (that doesn't mean it can't be unlocked!) But the more recent ones from sony, here in Australia anyway, are multi region out of the box. They just don't say so in the instructions or anywhere. I also know of a sansui, toshiba that are multi region out of the box. They just aren't advertised as such. So with a little bit of research you can probably find the answer to your problem.!

Hope this helps.....

Trish

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:06 am
I thought the UK and Australia both used PAL

I know one of our DVD players you can choose 0 to play all Regions.

We've got DVD's from america NTSC and they play alright.
I think like Trish said New players these do play all regions.

We buy games for our gamecube from the US, we had to purchase a freeloader disc you put in first for you to be able to play the game.

Raelene

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:59 am
Alloah!

About this region thing: Only the players which states on the box "multi regions" will be able to play DVDs from all regions.

Region 0 is really meant for DVDs which have been made using that format so that everyone can read them. However it is different from the "Region Free" format.

Some players from specific regions can be unlocked to play discs from all regions. There are various ways of doing that: Some require only a code with the remote control, some require a modchip to be added inside, some also require a firmware upgrade.

However be carefull: some players where a remote control hack is enough to change region have a counter: you can only change the region 4 or 5 times. After the 5th time, the regions stays locked to the last one you used. (cen be very annoying). This is very common with Philips players.

There are some other issues regarding Region 1 (North Americas) and Region 2 (Europe): Changing the region on your player is one thing, but you must make sure your TV can accept the PAL & NTSC signals

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby smurfcrazie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:21 am
I guess some patience is in order for me.
I will have to wait it out and just keep watching them on video for now.
But if someone does hear a word about it them please let me know.
Thanks
Sherry

Postby jpp » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:54 am
HI,

Use this solution :

1 - Buy the DVD
2 - make a copy of DVD with the PC, and you kill the code DVD REGION
( dvdSchrink + nero burnig rom..... )
3 - now your Legel copy is readable on all player DVD

It's very easy.

JPP.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:02 am
Can anyone tell me how much we were supposed to be paying for these dvds? Not sure if it's David or Andrew that know the correct amount?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:38 am
Ignore me, I didn't realise Simon and Lucie had one extra, I thought they paid me too much money, but they didn't. :beer:

Postby smurfcrazie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:02 am
Well I don't even have a burner on my computer so I couldn't even make my own.If anyone is willing to make one for me I will pay them. :?
Ok ok
I tried.
Sherry

Postby jpp » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:53 am
For Smurfcrazie :

I can copy to you the DVDs, but I've not the Original....

if somebody little to provide me these originals,
either by mail, or ime image * iso by follower,

I could make copies of them.

@++ JPP.

Postby smurfcrazie » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:20 am
Thanks for the offer!!
Let me know when you get/make copies.I definatley would prefer the original but I will take what I can get until I can get originals.
I have my name on so many waiting lists here in Canada so when the stores can order them from the U.S I will get one someday.
Sherry

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:38 pm
Fram and I are talking about them for a trade. Can anyone help us figure out how to make them readable in his DVD player?

I have a DVD burner here so I can make copies but no idea about making them region free. PM me if you can help. David do you know how???

Postby smurfcrazie » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:05 pm
If and when you figure it out please oh please make me one.I would love it and owe you forever.
Sherry

Page 2 of 3

Login