Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby ginasmurf » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:03 pm
Hey everyone! This is my first post in ages, been a little quiet (still visiting the site though) :)

I was actually just wanting some advice on postage, hopefully someone can help me out! I just bid & won a lot of 6 smurfs on Ebay. The seller is in Canada & has charged me US$25.25 for postage to Australia (Surface mail). Now I know that I should have asked postage before bidding :banghead: but having just done a search on Canada Post even a parcel which weighs 1-2 Kg looks like it is only around $16 (Canadian $) to send Surface. Now there is no way in the world 6 little smurfs would weigh that! I have purchased a Windmill from USA and the postage was less than that Air Mail!

I am planning on emailling the seller to enquire why so much, just wondering if anyone has posted smurfs from Canada, or received Smurfs posted from Canada before, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know what an approx postage cost would be. Of course I am taking into account handling etc, but even with this it still seems overly expensive. I am so frustrated at myself for not checking before bidding Normally I would just wear the cost without questioning, but to me it seems like a big postage profit :?

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:36 pm
Hi Gina,

Baboune sent me about 7-9 smurfs airmail from canada and the price on it was $6.95canadian. The price you've been quoted is way way too much.

Another seller sent me 4 smurfs seamail from canada and charged me $10US and I was going to complain about that as its way too much. I will wait until they arrive and check the postage though first on those.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:17 am
Someone just charged me 6 euros for sending 3 smurfs from Germany, what a joke. I think the auction went so cheap they added money onto the postage. :(

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:30 am
Hi Gina

Nice to hear from you again

I think that quote is outrageous and you have every right to question it. I do know that postage from Canada can be expensive but I would of thought it would be at least airmail for that price.

Maybe Richard (Astro) would be a good person to speak to regarding postage from Canada.....but personally I would question their quote if they told me that price too.

Dyar

Postby ginasmurf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:18 am
Thanks guys for your help. I think I will email her & (politely) enquire as to why it costs so much. If I have to pay it I then I will, but I will definately check the price of postage once the package arrives. If then it is a lot less than what I paid I might kick up a fuss! Hopefully we can come to a compromise before that anyway!

I still can't quite believe the price though :-? Everytime I think about it shocks me! :shock: I've not paid anywhere near that much for any of my smurfs purchased, it is a ridiculous amount especially for surface mail. I think for that price it should be hand delivered! :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:27 am
I know that postage costs within Canada are fairly high, I seem to remember Richard telling me it was cheaper to post things out from Canada than within Canada itself, or something like that.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:43 am
Yeah I have had something posted from the US by a Canadian seller because they live close to the border and were trying to help their buyers out. I think also insurance can make the items a lot more experience when it comes to Canadian post......but for surface mail that price just seems ridiculous.

Dyar

Postby smurfcrazie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:35 pm
I am in Canada Gina and I did a lil research for you.if the package is about 2kg and is sent by surface mail then the total should be $16.95 for delivery and fuel surchage included.
If you want to check out the various other mailing options got to www.canadapost.ca
the website gives you delivery charges for almost anywhere in the world from canada.
I hope this helps out alot.And if the guy from ebay gives you hassle you can tell him you looked it up.
The amount he gave you is so wrong.Take care
Sherry

Smurfy things come in small packages

Postby ginasmurf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:21 pm
Thank you for the link :D

I emailled her & said I checked out the Canada Post site etc & I am happy to report that the postage is now $11.25. Apparently she had it in quite a big box, which is why it was originally so expensive to post.

I am glad that it has had a happy ending!

Thanks everyone for all advice & help!

Gina :-D

Postby smurfcrazie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:26 pm
What a moron!! Why would she stick 6 Smurfs in a box?Even a big box yet.I could see if you were getting 20 or more smurfs but 6 in a box.She could stick 6 Smurfs in a bubble envelope and the shipping would only be $6-10.
Anyways, glad you got it figured out.
Sherry

Smurfy things come in small packages

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:20 pm
I am glad to hear that it had a happy ending Gina......and thanks Sherry for your advice and the link to help a fellow member......that price is a lot more reasonable and I wish them a safe package down to the Lucky Country :)

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login