Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby hfos » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:43 pm
Today I asked my comics shop owner (Jos) where he got those nice, rare smurfs from. He told me that 'the Netherlands' largest smurf dealer' decided to quit, or at least sell all of his stock, some 15,000 smurfs (= Jos' estimate). He divided it into fifteen sets of 1,000 smurfs and Jos bought one of those sets. So I'm assuming there's more of those smurfs somewhere in this country and/or Belgium, and it might explain why there are so many hard to find smurfs available all of a sudden. There's still a drawer full of smurfs with crutches and in wheelchairs, amongst others at the shop.
Jos, in any case, did not know about the yellow hammer smurf being such a rare variant (*) even though he's something of a collector himself and usually doesn't hesitate when there's a deal in it for him somewhere. Lucky for his customers, I guess!

(*) Fetching $100 on eBay qualifies as a 'rare variant' in my opinion

Postby Rachel » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:50 pm
Interesting info Robin, Thanks for sharing it with us. 15,000 smurfs is a lot to suddenly appear, I admit it would explain a few things if it is all correct. I wonder if anyone else has any info on this. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby TYK86 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:21 am
that's really good news. I hope their will be a shop in The hague or at least near The hague that had bought a few of those smurfs.
BTW thanx for the info.

TEUN(TYK86)

Postby hfos » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:13 pm
I told my dad about it, and next thursday we're going to Utrecht and Dordrecht to search for more smurfs we don't have :)

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:45 pm
Good luck Robin, you will have to let us know what you find. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby hfos » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:44 am
Well, I suppose there was some truth to that story as I found another yellow hammer smurf in Utrecht yesterday, and this one was only €2.99 :).

They had a similar batch to the ones over here, I don't know where the rest went..! All I know is I'm glad I brought my laptop with the site on it because when I'm in a shop like that (or at a fair or even when surfing) they all start to look very similar!

Orange soccer keychain, different colour graduate, another yellow hammer and a football smurf with a different paint job than mine.
Page 1 of 1

Login