Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:00 pm
Anyone familiar with the Peyo Smurf comics?
I've only read a few, plus what were adapted to the cartoons.

What would you say are Peyo's classics of "smurf lore"?

Off the top of my head:
1. The Smurfette creation story
2. Astrosmurf
3. King Smurf
4. Clumsy gets bitten by a bug and turns into the "purple" smurf

I guess I'm basing "classics" off the number of toys spawned and the extent to which people recognize the smurf lore. For example, even if people haven't read Astrosmurf, they may know the Swoof and Astrosmurf are somehow connected. Same with King Smurf, Emperor Smurf, Spy Smurf, and Gold Smurf. Smurfette, of course, is ubiquitous.

Postby Fram » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:17 am
All true classics.
A few more: the magic flute, introduction of the Smurfs; the Smurf catcher (or the Smurf thief), introduction of Gargamel and Azrael; and my personal favourite, 'Hunger at the Smurfs', no new characters (I think), but a wonderful story. And of course Baby Smurf!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby JT » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:37 am
Les Schtoumpfs Noirs. I don´t remember title in English. It´s story about Angry smurfs. It has real historical value, since it leads to birth of Grouchy smurf.

Janne

Postby Fram » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:33 am
It's the same story that intoxicated smurf mentioned in the OP, but he has the American / cartoon version, where they turn purple. A classic Smurf story, but a sad example of political correctness.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:59 am
As an American, brought up in our ultra-sensitive culture, I guess I sympathize a little with the "purple smurf" change. Peyo already is taking grief for Smurfette's portrayal--last thing we want to do is throw "Big, Bad Black Smurfs" on top of that..

But, yeah, people would be nuts to infer anything racist from it.

Postby JT » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:54 am
It's the same story that intoxicated smurf mentioned in the OP, but he has the American / cartoon version, where they turn purple. A classic Smurf story, but a sad example of political correctness.
No wonder I was confused :) Purple smurf...What next :)
Anyway just ignore my previous post. And this too :)

Janne (you haven´t seen me, right?)
Page 1 of 1

Login