Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 am
Hi All; Not going to say there is actually a round 3 just yet, but last night a friend told me he was in Target yesterday. He said he found 1 pair of Smurf socks in the $1 section. My first thought was it's either a round 1 or 2 pair. But then I read that it had a diffrent tag and a 2011 copyright. I checked the round 2 socks I have and they have a 2010 copyright. I will take a drive tomorrow to check. Maybe someone else can check sooner.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:10 am
I probibly should add that he didn't find anything else. Just the one pair of socks. Also another friend sent me a message that she had seen a very nice Smurf lamp at a flea market. I will probibly check that out too.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:06 pm
Thanks for keeping us updated, Bill :D

Not sure when I next get to town...can hardly afford gas with the gas prices rising faster than I can keep track of them :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 pm
Wandy Checked today and found nothing. The friend sent me another email today describing the socks. He said they have a pic of Smurfette and Hefty. Smurfette is hopping and smelling a flower. Now on the 2009 socks she is sniffing a flower and on the 2010 sock there is both Smurfette and Hefty, but she is not hopping on either sock. Well she may be but you can't see her legs. lol It maybe that the stuff is not suposed to be put out yet and 1 pair of socks slipped throught the cracks or they were all sold out of everything else. Hope thats not the case. I tried to look at my GPS today to see how far the nearest target was. Apperently it doesn't know there is one 30 or 40 miles away or one about 60 miles away. Just thought about searching for the city.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm
Went and got my GPS it's 24 miles away. I don't remember exactly but this maybe the Target that I found the Pencils at. I seemed to have that wave long before everyone else. Oh also Hot topic has lots of things online. Two sticker, another lanyard, key caps, Key chain, t-shirt, and a pack of 4 buttons.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:43 am
It sounds like you are being bombarded with new products in the US :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:14 pm
I took a drive this morning to a target about 30 miles away. I did find 4 pair of Smurf socks, but they were all the same. My guess is either some one picked up the wrong box or it was mislabled. Here is a pic.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:42 pm
I've seen the smurf socks...it looks to me that the recent batch of target $1 items included various liscensed character socks (care bears, smurfs, etc;)

Postby bwalters » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm
Just curious, did you see anything other than the Pink socks shown?
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:10 pm
Nope looks like they got one type of each character (care bears, etc;)...though it is promisng that we will see a round three of the smurfs if they still get smurf items from time to time.

Postby bwalters » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:47 pm
I know that when I found my 4 pair of socks. I never found more than one pair in a bin. Not that people could not have mixed them in the diffrent bins. When I went to target and bought the first two waves of $1 items. For the most part when I would look 90% of what was there was Smurf stuff. And when I did find something in the wrong bin most of the time it was the bin below. :) I have witnessed kids picking up something and walking over to the parents to ask if they could have it. The parents said no come on and the kid would just put it in the nearest bin.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login