Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:50 pm
SO my family went to Macys for their parade event... I figured there might be something smurfy there but wasn't getting my hopes up. When we got there we were pleasently surprised. We were given a smurf hat headband each (One for each of my daughters and one for my wife and I...and a fifth just for good measure). They had plenty of other activities and Macy Parade themed items but the smurf hats were the highlight of the day. We then used a ten dollar gift card that was given to us to get my odlest daughter the Christmas Smurf. Very fun day and of course nice to get smurf freebies... Has anyone else had a Macys event where these are available?
Attachments
hopefieldtrip 009.jpg
hopefieldtrip 009.jpg (49.88 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
hopefieldtrip 008.jpg
hopefieldtrip 008.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 3822 times

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:08 pm
Oh I like those hats! Your daughter looks cute with her smurf too. :) :)

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:27 pm
I got the plush today along with a Smurf gift card from there. No one offered me a Smurf hat. The Snow globes not only were not there. The girl told me the only store that does have them in in NY.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:17 pm
SHame about the snowglobe... we looked for those too... I guess we can order it on line, but less likely to go on sale though and 50 bucks is a bit much... too bad combines three loves of ours... smurfs, macys parade and snowglobes

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:34 pm
Did you get a Smurf gift card? Of course you have to put money on it to get it. So I just put $5 on it.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:41 pm
smurf hats look great. So the parade is next week? I'm wondering if Sony will release the next teaser trailer for the smurfs to coinside with the promotion at the Macys parade??

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:48 pm
I do have to say that when the girl mentioned the name of where the 700 snow globes were. I didn't recognize what she said. So it could have been a Warehouse somewhere. I think I just assumed it was the main store in NYC. I was looking at the pic of your little girl holding the plush Smurf. First off she is a Doll. I know that plush is huge compaired to the 50th anniversary Smurf, but she must be very little.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:49 pm
Didn't get any gift cards, though my wife is going to call back and see if we can get some of their promo posters (we saw they had extra behind the counter). We thouight abpout taking more smurf hats but felt guilty that we got away with five (we really aren't sure how we wound up with the extra one to be honest... we found it when we got to the car).

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 pm
I thought I would take a pic of both. The one on the right is the 50th anniversary Smurf.
P.S. I forgot to add the pic. lol
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:07 pm
:) Both of those are in my daughter's bed tonight.

Postby bwalters » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 pm
That is funny. :)
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:10 am
Those smurf hats are mega cool :-D What a brilliant idea :cheers:

I'm glad you had such a wonderfully smurfy day :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby André » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:12 am
SO my family went to Macys for their parade event... I figured there might be something smurfy there but wasn't getting my hopes up. When we got there we were pleasently surprised. We were given a smurf hat headband each (One for each of my daughters and one for my wife and I...and a fifth just for good measure). They had plenty of other activities and Macy Parade themed items but the smurf hats were the highlight of the day. We then used a ten dollar gift card that was given to us to get my odlest daughter the Christmas Smurf. Very fun day and of course nice to get smurf freebies... Has anyone else had a Macys event where these are available?
That is a lovely picture of your daughter with that smurfhat and the big christmassmurf!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:20 am
My daughters are slowly getting to old for smurfstuff like that now. My youngest is 10 on 23rd of november. They are really into the Schleichanimals though.

My youngest daugter is still reading the comics though. Before going to bed yesterday she read "The Smurfs and the Egg".

Their teachers told us it is a good way to learn english if they read something they already know in swedish in english also.

So I will buy the new Papercut Smurfcomics in english for them to read.

My son is learning french in school and my oldest daughter is learning spanish, but they have just started. But it is good to know that the comics are easy to find in many languagues!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:31 am
Your kid will never get too old for Smurfs. They just think they are. lol
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 pm
Great pictures! I didn't see any smurf headbands at the Macy's near me :(

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 am
@Tracker: Great to see that you had a great day with your family at Macy's.:D I love the smurf hats. :)
@André: Your daughters might think they are too old, but believe me, they might return, since they always remember the fun they had back then. :D
I fully agree to what the teacher told you and I'm glad that you encourage your children by providing them with the literature, they already know. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:26 pm
We went to Macy's Thursday and yesterday to pick up smurfs but neither of our stores had those smurfy headbands or any events at all. In fact, the second Macy's had the smurfs hidden upstairs which I thought was just stupid!! :angry:

[Hil, now I know which smurf hats you mean - these headbands, right? I sent you pics of other smurf hats :) ]
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm
My Macy's didn't have anything like what I have seen on here, but When I walked in the front door there was a stand about 10 feet tall with them hanging all over it, and all over the table. Right next to them was a display of diffrent gift cards and one was Smurfs. The lady said she couldn't just sell me one. So I told her to put $5 on it. That worked :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm
We found out about the event by going to Macys website and typing in our zip code...really wasn't even sure they would have anything smurfy but its worth checking... I know the new york Macys in Herald Square has a family fun day listed with a "Smurf craft station"...at any rate my whole family is happy with the smurf headbands (we made my wife wear hers the whole time we were at the store)... alot of people at other stores we went to asked where we got the headbands so it seemed to be pretty popular (they had shrek headbands too)
Page 1 of 1

Login