Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:48 pm
Hi,

What are the difference between gargamel's castle, old and new? From photos, it looks like the first castle had a more detailed paint job, while the "new" version (which I guess is going out of production?) appears flat PVC base color.

I hear that G. Castle (or at least the Farmhouse) is going out of production. Does that simply mean they'll reproduce a third version with a different color scheme?

:cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:27 pm
Hi Drunksmurf

Welcome to the board!!!! :D

The main differences I know is the colouring in the roof with the new one being a bright yellow and the older one having a rusty colour washed through it.

The old building is a light blue with dark blue stones on it whereas the new one is dark blue with grey stones.

The new one has brown doors and the old one has a grey door (I think) with the 2 lines going across the door being black.

That's as far as I know as I haven't got the old version yet...one day I hope.

I agree with you that the old one look smore deatiled and I think it is a lot better than the new version in my opinion.

You heard right about the Farm, Gargamel's Castle and even the Windmill all going out of production which is a shame. There are no plans as far as I know to replace these with a new variation but maybe someday they will.....I think they are pretty expensive to make and not as many people can afford to buy them especially where young kids are concearned, so therefore they are not one of the bigger sellers in the smurf range. I think this is the main reason they have stopped making them for the moment.

Cheers drunksmurf

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:53 am
the construction is slightly different too
the shimney the walls
Page 1 of 1

Login