Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon May 12, 2014 5:22 am
As you have probably noticed, our forum has a new look.
While this might need some time to get used to, all the old posts and pictures were transfered over as well, so while there is a new and upgraded look and feel to our forum, it is still the same and works the same.

One thing that has changed is that we now have unlimited bandwith, which means the problems we previously experienced with not being able to post pictures from time to time should be gone.

The registration process is now also working as well, and hopefully we are able to attract new members who no longer need to e-mail me to get registered.

The last backup was on May 5th, so anything posted since then is unfortunately gone and will need to be reposted.

Thank you so much for your patience in the last few years as we dealt with the outdated phpBB and set up :thanks2:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby Simon X » Mon May 12, 2014 5:37 am
What a surprise :)
At the first glance it looks good and it's great that those problems (registration, photos) are resolved.

The only thing I am missing are the (papa or normal) smurf heads showing whether there are now posts in the board sections.

There is one thing I noticed:
Make sure to use the correct URL to reach the board: http://bluecavern.com/forum/.
In my bookmarks it was "http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/index.php". This leads to a white and unsmurfy version. :D
Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon May 12, 2014 6:27 am
Well I like it a lot!

Very Smurfy and very well done! :worship:

Maybe one hint for people having minor login problems: the login name seems to be "key sensitive"

So where a password always has to be written with correct CAPS, now the login name seems to ask that as well (which to be true...is not so common for a username/login name: mostly only the password is key-sensitive).
Postby Cassiebsg » Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am
Nice with an upgrade :D , but still a bit too white for my taste though. :sun:

Will you turn this white into a more friendly soft blue ( think the colors are too bright)? or maybe create a couple alternate themes, one can choose in the control panel? (I noticed the option is now there ;) ).

Oh, I like the new smilies windows! Nice!!! Maybe I won't lose so much time finding that "perfect smile I know we have, but can't find..." in the future. :-D

Congrats on a smooth upgrade too!
Thanks for keeping the board up and running! :smurfwave:

EDIT: Okay, I got a forum bug(?).. funny though, I have this problem on another board, that also uses phpBB, so am guessing it's a problem with the software... But when I click to see "Active topics" I get an empty page. no topics at all. It's set to last 7 days, so there should be some topics there... :eek:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Tojo » Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 am
Excellent Maureen,

I shall enjoy checking out the new site later when I'm back at home :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 am
Congratulations with the upgrade.

The forum looks great on the iPad & laptop. I love how you can scroll down on a picture and the search feature is very user friendly.

Thank you Maureen and those of you involved with the upgrade.

Cheers
Kath
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue May 13, 2014 8:10 am
You have done a great job, Moey!!! :D
Thanks to anyone, who has been involved !!! :D

It's more legible than before and I love the search engine!!! :-D :-D :-D
Postby Arno » Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 am
It is really a good upgrade.
Thank you very much to the team which deals with that.
I like the new design - except I am not crazy of the bright white neither.
I will see when posting, but just looking, it is very good job.
So, again : many thanks and congratulations !
Postby SmurfeeJo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:03 am
Looking good, Maureen.
I mainly use my iPad, so it looks new and fresh.

Thanks for looking after us :D

Cheers,
Jo
Postby PonySmurf » Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 pm
Looks great! :D
Page 1 of 1

Login