Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:24 am
I wanted to say a big :thanks2: to Karen (NewJerseygirl) for sending me the SCCI letters :hug:

I received them earlier this week but didn't have much time to go thru them because I was hardly at home at all.

Since I am off this weekend, I hope to read them. From what I have seen they look very interesting and include not only smurfs but also smurfy items. I am trying to figure out a way how to share them with as many people as possible. If there is any way I will put them on the website so everybody who is interested has access to them, but I am not sure if this will work..I'll let you all know

Again, a huge :thanks2: to Karen for sending these to me :hug:

I feel like I have a piece of smurf history in my possession :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:39 am
If you can get them in electronic format, Moey, you can make it a pdf file to attach to your website too :D Can't wait to see them!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:06 am
I agree, Maureen. SCCI letters is part of the smurf history...I have enjoyed too much reading them in my free time, and it is indredible the info they contained...Now we have internet and all the info is more avaliable for all of us, but 20 years ago!!!!!!!I think Suzanne made an impressive work!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 pm
It is quite fascinating reading them :-D

I know we have some members that were members to the SCCI also, and I was surprised to read that the SCCI promos (or at least the first one) was given out to the members that renewed their membership.
What all was included with the membership? From what I am reading it was more than getting the newsletter :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby northjerseygirl » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 pm
Hi Maureen,
I knew you would enjoy reading the newsletters. After you finish them, you will be quite a Smurologist!
If you renewed your membership quickly enough, you were given the opportunity to buy the SCCI promo smurfs. When the promos were being sold, I would quickly renew my membership and include a check for a promo piece. That is why I have all of them - including the two golden pig pieces - there is a difference. Please don't reveal the actual cost of the SCCI figures - it would upset certain members of this forum who have bought them in the past :omg:
Suzanne would send a membership card out to me when I renewed.
As you read through the newsletters, you will see the various booklets and other special things that were for sale by the club.
Karen

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:12 pm
I am enjoying the first three letters so far too - so thank you Moey for sending those to me and thank you Karen for sharing. I think a lot of us already know how cheap the original SCCIs were so no one here should be upset. The fact they are limited now and probably not all survived really does justify spending more on them now than back then. I'm just glad to have gotten the two piggies within the past year :) :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:39 pm
I am done reading :relieved: and feel I know a lot more :) :) :)

and I have put about half of them on the website so far. Here are the links

Intro page
I need to say a big Thank you to Staci and Steve for letting me use pictures of their SCCI..and also to Dyar for proofreading the page
Here are the letters I have put on there so far (only about 25 more to go :D )
Letters 1-20

Letters 1-36

The letters are in pdf format, and since especially the later ones are quite long and huge it probably will take a few seconds to open them, depending on the speed of your computer.

I tried to send them via e-mail to two friends, but they came back after letter 8 as being to large of an attachment :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Simon X » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:02 pm
Wow, your work has really payed off!!! The letters are well readable and there is a lot of information in it. Just reading the topics of the letters is great and I'll read some of them when having time. Thanks for your effort! :-D :D :D

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 pm
My word, Moey, you have worked hard! :worship: I shall look forward to reading those. :-D

Postby Tojo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm
Thanks so much for putting the letters on your website Maureen - this is such valuable information :cheers:

I was especially pleased about the information on the olympic torchbearer, so now I'm much wiser :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:37 pm
I need to say a big Thank you to Staci
You're welcome! Thanks for going through all that effort to share the letters with us all too - good job! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 pm
Thanks for going through all that effort to share the letters with us all too - good job! :D
I agree.....it's really nice when people share things like this so a big thank you to Karen & Moey

Dyar

PS - Does that mean I have to be nicer to New Jersey & ......Tennessee?

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:59 pm
......Tennessee?
Oh, puh-leeeze, don't get ca-razeeeeeee :crazy:
Postby northjerseygirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:26 pm
Thank you Maureen for making the information in those letters available to all!
And, from the state of Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen, I appreciate the nice thoughts towards New Jersey!
Karen

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:19 pm
Thanks Karen and Maureen for making these available for everyone to read. There is so much information in them. I have only read through issue 5 and can't wait to get to the others when I have more time. :D :)
~~Christine~~

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm
Does that mean I have to be nicer to Tennessee?
yes..:yes: yes :yes: yes :yes:

Actually, I am not sure I'd knew what to do if you started being nice to Tennessee :eek: j/k :winks:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby mrs.einstein » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Great to read them!!
Thanks for giving us this info!!

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:28 pm
Thank you very much, I've wanted to read them some time. I shall look forward to this very much. Thanks for all your hard work.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:57 am
Oh wow!!! :D

Never did I dream in my smurfy dreams that I could read those newsletters. Therefore thank you very much for putting them on your website, Mo!!! :worship: :D

Postby southernyacht » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 am
Brilliant idea Maureen!! :cheers: :-D
Cathy x :cat:
Page 1 of 3

Login