Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 3

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:59 am
Hi Lia,

great to see that you have finally made it to Frans' drugstore. :D Since I'm able get there easily from our place, I visit his shop about five to seven times a year. :D The only thing, which might hunt me a lifetime is, that I remember seeing his two large smurfs outside the shop for many years, before finding out that this place was indeed heaven on earth. I can also recommend to sign up for his Gold card, which provides you with extra points, which are given to you for Easter. :D

Thanks also for posting the candy smurf items, which you found in Italy. I was lucky to find Brainy, Handy and Toulousy from that series on various fleamarkets without exactly knowing on which item where they originally belong to. :hug:

@Tojo: Wish you could make it there. But beware to take a lot of time. From my very own experience, I know that I tend to hang out here for one hour. :D

Postby Lia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:03 am
Thanks Dominique!

The girl in the shop told me that one of the big smurfs was broke/ out of order somehow and now they have them somewhere in the back of the shop ( perhaps for repair?) I did not see them.
For me, it was amazing how totally German Venlo is....I had the feeling to be abroad....not a bad feeling anyway!

by the way, all 3 candy items are for sale at Jamin in Holland, there are at least 10 smurfy different sweets for sale there!

Lia

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 am
Thanks Dominique!

For me, it was amazing how totally German Venlo is....I had the feeling to be abroad....not a bad feeling anyway!

Lia
I second that, Lia. Since I'm really fond of the Netherlands, I enjoy visiting Maastricht, Arnhem, Enschede, Utrecht and A'dam as well. :D However Enschede and Venlo are pretty German.

Thanks also for recommending Jamin for the other Smurfy items. I will check, after returning from the collectors fair in Utrecht in November at latest. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:29 pm
I really enjoyed my time in Europe in places like Germany, the Flemish part of Belgium & the Netherlands......not just Amsterdam but that was fun.

I would like to visit Italy next, as I heard they may have pizza there :cheerleader2: ......but I just love Italian food in general and I have seen some beautiful pics of places that make me really want to go there. I do need to brush up on my Italian as the only thing I really know in Italian is "Shut Up" which may not be a good thing to greet everybody with over there......although to my credit I also know some very rude gestures.

Lately I have seen a lot of America so I would love to post some pics of my favourite places over here.....I will write above the pic where they are from:

Wilmington, DE
North Wilmington, DE
Newark, DE
Bensalem, PA

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:31 pm
continuing on I also really thought these places were very pretty

Elkton, Maryland
Lewiston, Maine
Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, California
Last but not least...Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm
I still don't get it...what is it about 711s when you could have Krystals in the South? :-? :-? :-? :-?

:-P ( I think I get it now)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:09 pm
It looks like its about twinkies and a coke. :) :) :) I guess you can't get them anywhere but 711 LOL

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:19 pm
It's all in the Slurpee, Bill..it's all in the Slurpee.. :beer:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 pm
The really sad thing is that I took all those 7-11 photos :banghead: :banghead: And yes, Bill, it is all about the slurpee :beer:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 pm
No, Stace that's not the sad thing...the really sad thing is that you took wayyyy more than those few pictures...and enjoyed every minute of it :eek:

I think Dyar makes you take those pictures to keep you from finslapping him for a few minutes each day

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:23 pm
There were a lot more of these pics from different states but I didn't want to be responsible for breaking the forum and then going to all of the trouble of having to blame Moey for it all.....again. Hey, I'm a Slurpee junkie. Although someone stopped me from getting one in Vegas as it was too hot and too far to walk....oh didums :bored:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 pm
Although someone stopped me from getting one in Vegas as it was too hot and too far to walk....oh didums :bored:
Yes, didums, there were more important things to do in Vegas than slurpeeing (sheesh, I will never live that down, will I???)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:40 pm
sheesh, I will never live that down, will I???
No, I don't think you ever will

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm
sheesh, I will never live that down, will I???
No, I don't think you ever will
I guess I will just need to take you back there, then, won't I? And Las Vegas is one of my favorite vacation spots so it's not like I'd really mind :smile:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 pm
I would if I was you

Maybe we can be friends again in the future then

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:19 am
Again...why go to Vegas if you can go to say....Omaha? :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:24 am
I've been wondering what all the fuss was about Omaha :-? so I looked it up. This is the official Omaha city website: http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/. Hope it helps. :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 am
Me too, Hilary! :-? :-?
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 am
I just want to go to Omaha because they mention it in so many movies and songs......probably just because it's smack bang in the middle of the US and most likely for no other reason.

Still, curiosity killed the cat. :wink: So I guess I just want to go and check it out someday for the fact it's there......despite every American telling me not to bother. :-?

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:08 pm
And don't forget the most important fact about Omaha :D

You could mark off a whole new State :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Page 2 of 3

Login