Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 pm
Here is another thread that we had a long time ago..but again a lot has happened :) :) :)

What is our favorite vacation spot?

Mine is still Ireland. I haven't been to many places in the US though, so I probably will do that before I get to Ireland again...and I will of course go to Germany as long as I have a reason to go there.

But if somebody gave me a ticket to leave for Ireland tomorrow, I'd go in a heartbeat. I simply love the Emerald Island and it's people (I call them my people, since I have more Irish blood in me than anything else :) ) and it has been way to long since I was there the last time.

Two places I have never been to but that I would like to see one day are
Israel and Australia :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:57 pm
I'd move to Australia in a heartbeat if it were possible. Quite apart from having family over there I fell in love with the country and Perth in particular. I love the wild desolate places too like Coober Pedy and the desert. :-D

I'd like to see more of America too but just for holidays.

Otherwise I'm happy where I am. I've travelled a lot in the past and am now enjoying putting down roots where I am. :-D

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:06 pm
I don't really take vacations. I did go to Pheonix I guess it was a vacation but I still got paid for being there. I also went to Hawaii the next year wasn't working but still got paid. My company paid my way as well as a girl I took with me on both trips. We had a lot of fun but I don't care to go back. I did take my sisters and a few neices and nephews to West Va for a vacation. That was my most memorable and most relaxing vacation I did that about 5 years in a row then My aunt died. I haven't been back. The 15 months I spent in Germany I was ins the service but that was the most beautiful country I had ever been in. I would like to go back there someday. Bill

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 am
I've got 2 places where I love to go on holiday & one where I'd love to live.

I love going back 'home' to Torquay where I was born & grew up & it's great to be able to walk on one of the many beaches or go up to Dartmoor.

I also love going to the west coast of Ireland especially the area around the Dingle Peninsular & to Connemara. I'd love to find out one day which part of Ireland my McWilliams ancestors came from.....

If I could, I'd settle in Sydney, Down Under, or somewhere nearby as I just love the city. I had a great time living there back in 1990 & still have friends there now who I'd love to see them again.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Lia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:23 am
For me is Tuscany heaven on earth!!

Lia

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 am
Tuscany is indeed heaven on earth, though I dare say I love Sweden too. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 am
I also love going to the west coast of Ireland especially the area around the Dingle Peninsular & to Connemara. I'd love to find out one day which part of Ireland my McWilliams ancestors came from.....
I think those two places are among the most beautiful ones in the world :smitten:

I hope you have a wonderful time in Tuscony, Lia... :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 am
Thanks Maureen!

I did have a wonderful vacation in various countries!
While driving to France first, I realized that I would pass Venlo. I live in the north of Holland and I`d never been to Seuren, so this was a good moment to go there.

Lia

Postby Lia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 am
on the market in Pienza

Postby Lia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 am
I know that this is a smurfforum , but 1 picture of Tuscany won`t hurt, right? :)

Lia

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 am
No Lia; This forum is for other things not so smurfy. But I don't think smurfy things are disallowed on this one. :) :) Bill

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:42 am
Oh yes, Lia I think you have hit the jackpot there at Seuren. It makes me want to dust off my passport and make a B-line for *ANYWHERE THAT SELLS SMURFS IN THOSE QUANTITIES*.. That would be heaven!!! Oops Sorry Bill "Anywhere that sells You-know-whats in those quantities".

I could spend hours in such an environment and now we see their retail habitat, it makes you want to make an embarising scene involving jumping around yelping for joy and rolling around in a sea of smurf. :-D :-D :-D

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm
No problem. My point was that this petecular thread was for anything not Smurf related. She was worried about the pic of the country side. And she should have no worries about That pic. I think it is very nice. Makes me want to go there.. Bill
P.S. How much of all of that stuff did you buy? And when can I expect you to send it to me? LOL

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:44 pm
Great pictures, Lia...It's great to see finally see the inside of the ship :-D

and I love the picture of Tuscany..It's beautiful :cloud9:

Daryl :) :) :) :) :) I am not sure Belgium is be ready for you...but it sure would be a sight :) :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:44 am
The nice thing is that Seuren shows his private collection too.
the pic is not very clear, but it was so nice to see his special smurfs.
And I found some really good smurfs there and a card from the 50th anniversary that I did not have.
Yes, I can recommand a visit to this shop :lol:
( I often go to his website to find the english names for the smurfs, because he uses both, German and English names)

Lia

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38 am
I find the Seuren site quite confusing, which is a shame. Awesome site tho.

Fav destinations: For Fun, always Florida, but for beauty, then Monument Valley!

:D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Lia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:44 pm
It makes me want to dust off my passport and make a B-line
what stopps you Daryl? It`s only 20.000 km from New Zealand to Holland..

@ azrael; yes, I agree, that site is confusing, but there is a lot for sale!

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:54 pm
Great to see you spent nice days, Lia!!!!And even more if you have visited Seuren´s place...and his private collection :D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Hey Lia; How many feet is that? And how many would it be for me? LOL
Bill :) :) :)

Postby Tojo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:40 pm
bloomin' 'eck!!! That is one amazing amount of smurfs!!!

I'd love to go there & see them all. The stores in Frankfurt have a couple of shelves with smurfs but nothing like on those photos :shock: :shock:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 3

Login