Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:59 pm
Hi all,
we recently learned that our web hosting company is changing servers. The new server will only maintain phpBB 7 and above..and this forum is running on phpBB3 which is horribly outdated and probably the reason of some of the problems we have been experiencing.

Thankfully, Staci put me in contact with an computer expert who has developed phpBB previously and who is looking into upgrading Blue Cavern to an updated phpBB format.

This will mean that during the upgrade the forum will be down, as it also will be when the servers are moved.

And the forum will also change in it's looks . Not sure if we are losing any threads or pictures..we are backing the forum up so I hope we are able to recover anything lost during the upgrade.

This is just a heads up. I will let you know once I know when the upgrade will occur and of any anticipated down times :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 pm
Thanks for the info Maureen. I'm sure that everyone will agree that this is a very smurfy forum & that it's a fantastic source of information. I hope that it can be kept running as long as possible. Thankyou so much for doing so much for this forum :hug: :hug: :-D :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:04 am
I highly appreciate your effort, Moey. :hug: I certainly won't mind taking it off for the upgrade and shall look forward to visiting it again, once it's on again. :D

Postby Yonna » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 am
Thank you for the info! And thank you for keeping the forum alive! :hug:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm
Sorry, for not being around as much lately. Work and studying (besides some other challenges) are keeping me pretty busy, but I assume that's true for all of us :). Just wanted to say I am still around and checking messages and posts every day here and on the forum.
Just spoke with the person who will help with the upgrade of the forum. He has run a first back up, and will run another back up on May 3rd, just a day before the hosting company upgrades their serves. Once this is completed, we will tackle the upgrade to the new phpBB which should make the forum look sooper dooper nice (not that it doesn't look nice now, it's just a bit outdated :) ).
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 am
That sounds tight, Moey and I bet the forum will look great, once it's updated. :D Btw. you're studying? :D What courses are you taking? :-D
Page 1 of 1

Login