Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm
I was just thinking today it's hard to believe that Blue Cavern has been around for nearly 8 years. :shock:

A lot of our founding or first year members are no longer around..or are visiting sporadically, but that's how forums work...Members leave, and new members join..and with it the face of the forum changes.

But, one thing never changed in 8 years...and it's the dedication of the members to find news about new smurfs...old smurfs...and forgotten smurfs..and to share it with everybody

Thank you sooooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart for sticking around during the hard times of which we had a few ( :) )..and the lean times (recession and so on)..and for making Blue Cavern such an important database for smurf history especially since the establishment of the Internet.

If you have time, go thru the old threads..and read how our first members learned some of the things we take for granted today..some of the information is old and outdated but a lot is still valid even today.

I've only been around 6 years..but it's been fun..and I am proud to say that I got most of my smurfy contacts and friends thru Blue Cavern...and I think this is true for most of us....most of us would have never gotten to know each other if it was not for this forum

Heads up to Rachel and Karen...for first setting this forum up..and even though they have moved on..thank you for those members who keep Blue Cavern alive and kicking :thanks2:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:55 pm
I totally agree. This is the way forums works...Actually I am a less active member than two years ago for different reasons but I think 350/365 days I have a look to see the news. It is a great forum,made for all of us

I became a member 9th mars 2006 (some days less than you, Maureen) and as you say, some of the best smurfy friends I have met are friends I have known here

THANKS MAureen for your great job!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tintin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:59 pm
Hi

Seems i overlooked this topic.............. how is that possible ??

Congratulations for the best smurfy forum on this planet !!!!!
Up to the next year.

Thanks to all the ones who made this all possible :cheers:

Greetings Tintin

Postby Tracker Smurf » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 am
This is my absolute favorite place to visit online. I have several other hobbies too (And really only been collecting smurfs for about three years), but this is by far the friendliest message board online. Everyone is very accepting of all levels of smurf interests.

Postby Tojo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:49 am
Well said Maureen :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I try to visit the forum every day although I don't always have something to post. I do read the majority of the posts if I have the time though. This forum is a great place. As Maureen says, members have come & gone but the feeling of community is still very strong.

I often wonder what happened to some of the members who vanished over the years. I'm not really sure when I joined but it must have been shortly after the McDonalds pirates were available as it was then that I started collecting smurfs seriously. Actually it says in my profile that it was 12 Nov 2004 which sounds correct. I can remember when there was a problem & loads of old posts vanished & the number of posts we had were reset :) :)

I hope that the forum will still be here in many years to come :-D :-D :-D :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm
Happy 8th anniversary! I haven't had much time for anything lately.....I watch my little grandkiddos everyday now and WOW am I busy! And when they go home at night I'm so pooped I pretty much fall into the recliner :) I still love visiting the forum even though I don't get a chance to do it much anymore!

Postby southernyacht » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 pm
Oh my goodness - where did the last 8 years go?

:shock:

Here's to the next 8!! :cheers: :-D
Cathy x :cat:

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 pm
Also thanks to everyone, learnt so much
Page 1 of 1

Login