Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Azrael » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 pm
Hello everyone!

As you know, I aquired the rights to the BSCC from the lovely Karen a few months back.

With the recession and the economy etc all it has been a little struggle for me and setting this up has been no easy feat as it obviousl requiers time and stability.. but I am now looking at starting it.

If there are any British/European collectors out there that would like to lend a hand that would be grand. My big problem is obviously that I would not be selling any figures (which is of main interest to collectors!) and that I DO NOT intend to set up a new community! Obviously there is no point in this with the excellent Blue Cavern, Michelle and her fantastic fairs or ebay, but I would love to organise local get togthers- trade fairs and the like.

Even though I have lots of contact details most are over 10-15 years old and also through post. Please could you let me know if you are willing to help put in a labour of love with me to help get this off the ground.

Cheers!

Al x
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:39 pm
Good luck, Al :D

I am not sure what all you have planned but keep us posted. Hopefully, others from the UK are able to lend you a helping hand :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 pm
I'm still willing to help, Alan, with a website, if you want one, and so on. Let me know. :D

Postby steveparkes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 pm
I will offer my support in any way I can Al, organising, promoting, designing..anything, just ask :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm
Also more than happy to help in any way I can.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:55 am
Hi Al,

I'd love to help you out as best as I can. :D

Postby Azrael » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Brilliant! Thanks everyone!

As you know, with the economy et all it's been a hard few months! Didn't want anyone to think I was just sitting on my keester, but obv I've had to work A LOT to pay for our expenses (mortgage, food, smurfs, electric, smurfs, gas, smurfs etc) and have not had a lot of spare time!

Oh... got a tooth appointement of Thurs to get the tooth sorted out... although happy pills do make the work go quicker! :)
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Pickle Smurf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm
When you get going with a website you can use the pictures from these pages: -

http://www.kittyscavern.com/smurfdistri ... istory.htm
http://www.kittyscavern.com/smurfssrilankahongkong.htm

I don't have the originals because I had to return these but by all means copy the pictures to use on the new BSCC site and I will forward visitors from my site and update my info to reflect the changeover.

I'm sorry I didn't have more up to date info to send you Al and I realise it is probably impossible to contact all the original members individually, it would be far too costly. But hopefully with some help from the others you can reach people via the media and they can contact you with email addresses which would be far more cost effective.

Whoever gets involved with any new website for this, let me know what you need from me re pointing people that way from my pages, etc.

Good luck. :D

Postby FlamingO » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 pm
Hi Al,
I fully commend you for taking this on and appreciate that it has to fall behind certain other priorities in your life :-D I would love to help in any way I can :D .
Have taken smurfs on the road a couple of times recently and the responses are largely quite amusing. Many parents pointing out ''smurfs'' and puzzled kids enquring what the * they are 8-)
Page 1 of 1

Login