Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:21 pm
Hi All; I found this in a post on MV Just two more years to go. Bill

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=10471

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:41 am
I'm just afraid that the 80's nostalgia era will be over with by the time the smurfs make it to the big screen and no one will want to go because they think it's corny. Now would be a better time to hit the theatre since things like the teenage turtles, carebears, my little pony are really big here smurfs would fit right in. who knows what's two years down the road :-? But I woulnd't complain if they filled these next two years with lots and lots of really cool smurf goodies to fill the shelves of my stores :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:42 am
It's a shame they're leaving it so long.

Postby FlamingO » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:13 pm
I hope the delay is just that they want to make a really great movie and not to rush it :-D :smile:

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:52 am
I don't think the delay is wise...and it also makes me think they're having problems with it....
:-?
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:44 am
well CGI films Ive read like Shrek, each of those took 3 years each to make. So with the Smurfs, they've got cgi with Live action, I think 2010 is about right to complete the film. If they only started work on it at the beginning of this year.. maybe they'll finish earlier than christmas 2010?? I hope so. 2010 seems like a long wait. Although Christmas is the perfect time to launch a new film, especially the smurfs to cash in on more money for all the merchandising/toys etc. Hopefully there will be a hype built towards the release. And looking forward to the first preview/trailer!!

Brad.

Postby bwalters » Wed May 20, 2009 6:34 pm
I just read on MV that the Smurf movie has been delayed to 2011. Bummer.
http://www.mushroomvillage.com/shroomro ... 974&page=2
Mr Bill

Postby Azrael » Thu May 21, 2009 11:21 am
It's not mate. IMDB is a rubbish source of info as anyone can edit it. Sony have announced it already, which means they not pretty much have to release it or they could lose loads in funding... esp since they seem to be pushing the Smurfs now somewhat.

Still... I'd rather them take a while in releasing it and do an ok job then rush through a hash version.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 1 of 1

Login