Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Admin Smurf » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am
Hello,
We have noticed that you will get an error message when you post something. We are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible, but are not sure yet what causes this.

Even thoug it looks like your post will not got thru, it will :D

We also noticed that new posts will not show up on the Index page. You will either see a Papa Smurf or just the Normal Smurf. The new posts will show up when you click on each individual section, so if you don't want to miss any posts it's a good idea to check each section :D

Also, the search function is not working at the moment either.

If you receive any different error messages, please copy them and post them on here, so we can check into those, too

Thank you very much for your cooperation..and also patience.

The Administrator team apologizes for any inconvenience this is causing you

Postby FlamingO » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm
I see what you mean :scratchinghead: I got this message;
Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './bluecavern_forum/phpbb_search_wordlist' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

INSERT IGNORE INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_common) VALUES ('actually', 0), ('barbie', 0), ('blame', 0), ('cause', 0), ('checked', 0), ('christmassie', 0), ('comp', 0), ('english', 0), ('feels', 0), ('flamed', 0), ('flush', 0), ('frosty', 0), ('hoarding', 0), ('lol', 0), ('mess', 0), ('mine', 0), ('ohmy', 0), ('pc', 0), ('sad', 0), ('scared', 0), ('snow', 0), ('still', 0), ('sun', 0), ('today', 0), ('two', 0), ('weather', 0), ('weeks', 0), ('xmas', 0)

Line : 234
File : functions_search.php

And no sign of my message :-D oh yeah! I see it in brackets above :)

Postby Lia » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:06 pm
I got the same message :shock:

Lia

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 am
Well,

I am neither able to use any colours nor pics.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:30 am
Dom,
did you get an error message?

I have just received word from the hosting company that the problem has been fixed and I am checking on it right now.

If you or anybody else gets any error messages, please let me know
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:31 am
Hi Mo,

yep I got an error. :???:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 am
Can you log out and back in?

It's odd because I am no longer receiving an error message, but still can't attach anything, so I e-mailed them back.

It looks like we need to rebuild something, which I will check into tonight (my time) when I am off from work

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 am
I was just able to attach a picture, and the post count went up and my latest new post showed up, so I think the forum is fixed

If anybody is running into any problems please post them here or let any of the Admins know

Thank you very much for all of your patience. :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:10 am
Moey, you've been great through this! :cheers: Your hard work and perseverance has paid off. :-D :hug:

Postby Lia » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am
Thanks Maureen!
Everything seems to work perfect!

Lia

Postby bwalters » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 am
I got an email saying that someone had posted to the Macy's parade when I clicked on it. It went to the forum but said the forum I requested did not exist. The post was there anyway I just had to manually click on it. Bill
P.S. Moey I know you said that ment post had been deleted. but there was a new post there. Bill

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm
Not that this is a big deal doesn't affect how things work. I posted a message about Max in General chit chat. at 6 something but the forum says my last visit was around 12;64 pm. It does show the proper time though. Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm
I am not sure about the notifications, Bill :-? I have never subscribed to them so I am not sure how they are supposed to work :-?

The time of of last visit means when you last signed in which apparently was around noon your time. It has nothing to do when you last posted, so if you stay logged on to the forum without logging out of it, it will show that time. :D I have never paid much attention to it, but did check what mine said just now and it seems correct. Sorry, I can't be of more help? :???:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm
Hi Maureen; I stay logged in all the time. Or at least I don't have to log in each time I visit. I am starting to not receive emails each time I post something at first I was getting a ton of email but that Has subsided. It used to be that each time I came here the clock would say that time as both when I last visted and the time now. but it still says 12:54 like I said it doesn't affect anything. Just though I would mention it. Bill
Postby bwalters » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:51 am
Hi All; This morning I wanted to look at something I had posted awhile back about my lunar playset. So I went to search and typed in lunar. It came up with nothing. I typed in lunar playset severl came up but didn't see the lunar playset one. I finally went to see all post by me and after about 1/2 of looking I found it. It is under collectors corner Titled Lunar playset. It took so long to find it I forgot what I was looking for it for. That maybe old age. LOL :)
Am I doing someting wrong? Or is this a problem with the site? Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:55 am
Hi Bill,
The search feature is working so that is a good thing. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to show less search results...I have tried used quotations "lunar playset" hoping it would only return that phrase but it still returns all posts with lunar and playset in them. Maybe someone else knows a better way :-? You can also include the author and that will return less results instead of every one too.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:37 am
Hi Staci; I wasn't worried about it bringing up too many. If you only type in the word lunar at first it brought up nothing at all. After I finally found my post I tried it again and it brought up 55. I would think that the word lunar would bring up anything with that word in it. Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm
It's probably that there were too many results for it to cope with Bill. The more search words you enter the easier it is for the system to cope. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:20 pm
I put lunar* in search and had 57 results :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:27 pm
Hi All; But did any of you come up with my post titled Lunar playset. It is in smurf collector corner. Down near the bottom of the page.
Page 1 of 2

Login