Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:00 am
Because it's 50 yers today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMURFS! :D

And thankyou Mr Culliford!

Anyone bidding on the auction? I would repaint one if i won, but I'm not bidding... too much for me I think!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:02 am
Happy Birthday Smurfies!!
:bday: :bday:

I'm not bidding as it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range! :( Not that I haven't done very well recently! :-D :-D

Postby Simon X » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:38 am
Aren't they celebrating their birthday on October 23..? :oops:

"The Belgian cartoonist Peyo introduced Smurfs to the world in a series of comic strips, making their first appearance in the Belgian comics magazine Le Journal de Spirou on October 23, 1958. (wikipedia)"

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:47 am
Aren't they celebrating their birthday on October 23..? :oops:

"The Belgian cartoonist Peyo introduced Smurfs to the world in a series of comic strips, making their first appearance in the Belgian comics magazine Le Journal de Spirou on October 23, 1958. (wikipedia)"
I second that. Well I could be wrong... .:oops:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:09 am
So let's start early! :smurfwave: :joy: :joy:

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 am
You know what, I was writing a quiz today FOR the 23rd and had it in my brain that today was the 23rd! D'oh!

Can you guess what one of the questions was: "Whose birthday is it today?"

That's why I got confused, and why I thought the auction was today!

Oh well! I agree with Hilary tho! :-D

(If we do get techincal tho, the actual 50th of the figurines won't be until nearly ten years from now... remember, the celebrated their 30th in 1986 (or so i think) as that was 30 years since the first figure, didn't they, so we still have another 50th to celebrate!) :cheers:

Postby Pickle Smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 am
Alan, I'm just about to phone the BBC, they want to talk to someone about the smurfs because they are doing something for the anniversary so I'm sending them to you. :) Be warned! :)

Postby Pickle Smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:22 am
Just phoned them, and gave this forum a mention as well because they were asking if it is really big news about the 50th. I've put them on to Alan so hopefully something will come of that.

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 am
Awwww, Al, you just jumped the gun and got excited a couple days early :-D Today is Dyar's 5th smurfiversary of collecting though so Happy Anniversary to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :party:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 am
Thanks Fishy.....I am now 5 in smurf years :-|

If it goes ahead Al.....just want to wish you good luck :cheers:

Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 am
Gosh, the UK celebrating the smurfs..thats a virtual unknown these days :) Good luck Al, if you need any support I'm here too :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 am
Happy Anniversary, Dyar :smurfwave:

Good luck, Al :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 am
Happy Anniversary, Dyar :smurfwave:

Good luck, Al :-D
Ditto!! :-D :) :)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 am
Happy Smurfversary Dyar!!! :smurfwave: :carrots: :band:

@Al: I will cross my fingers for you. :fingers:

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 am
It's a little odd cos they rang and I immediatly assumed it was radio work and it took me a few minutes to go- "eh, hang on, how did you know about the smurfs! Hahaha!"

Spoke to them today and will also tomorrow. I think they found it quite odd that they had one in their ranks! :)

Postby agent smurf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 pm
The Bayerische Rundfunk phoned me yesterday re smurfs but I wasn't at home since my courses started last week. Phew. I don't even live in Bavaria and they didn't call again. No kidding, good luck Alan with everything. :D

Postby agent smurf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:50 pm
Yay Astro Smurf could someone change my name please!! :-D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:02 pm
Happy Smurfday everyone!!!
and Happy anniversary Dyar!!!

I have been working on my website and uploaded it last night with two hours to spare!

I still have to make a new title banner (the current one was from my old site), and there are a few pages that could do with a "home" button. In time I'll retake some of the photos and thumbnails, but I got the main parts done.

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Congratulations, Daryl! The photos look amazing, very crisp and clear. Nice job :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Simon X » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 pm
And now the smurfs are celebrating their 50th birthday!!! :-D :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave:
Page 1 of 2

Login