Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 2 of 4

Postby paolo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 am
That is a surprise!
I would like to wish you all the best success in your work, and maybe sometimes in the future when you have a spare minute, just drop by here to say hello. :cheers:

Postby naish510 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:56 am
Hi Rachel, i really don't know what to say.... i'm speachless...
It must have been a really hard decision for you. Mum and me will miss you and hope we will hear from you in the future.
I want to thank you for all your help you did to make my design for my website, i will never forget that !! And if you ever come back to Belgium, you are always welcome !!!! We wish you all the best with your music job !!
BIG BIG HUG SWEETIE DARLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 am
You will be missed, yet quite simply I offer these words of advice, that have got me through many a dilemma and job.

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away."

Best of luck Rach, you will be missed! You've always been supportive and answered great questions.

Legend.

Alan. x
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby southernyacht » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 am
I don't know what I can add other than a big :hug:
Cathy x :cat:

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 am
:( :( :cry: :cry: :-( :-( You will be missed.

Anyway, wish you all the luck with your musical career. :-D :cheers:

Oh, and when you decide to restart your smurf collection - and you will - you'll have a lot of fun again getting smurfs every day. ;) And we'll be here cheering.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby smurfer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:21 am
Thank you for everything you did Rachel !!!! :thanks2:
We will miss you !!!!!:( :hug:
Good luck !!!!!! :D :D
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Postby agent smurf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:58 pm
Hi Rachel
I thought about signing off once or twice before I realized that it's impossible for a normal smurf. :sillyme:
So I think you're right that you shouldn't do that either. And if it's just to stay in touch with your friends, I'm sure you have loads here.
If you have any smurfs for sale that I'm looking for... :stupid:

Postby Michelle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm
Hi Rachel,

I'll miss you! That's for sure.
I can't write much because my eyes are filled with :( , really.
I couldn't believe it when Christy told me today this said news, I had to read it myself. And now I'm crying like a child. I hope we will see eachother once more in the future. We are planning the new october-fair... but this is a real knock-out for us. I can't believe it, a Belgian smurffair without our RACHEL! We were planned to show you Ghent, but now ... what will we do?????

I wish you all the best, but please.... don't sell to much of your blue friends, cause I know once you'll be back in smurftown!

ONCE A SMURFER ALWAYS A SMURFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All this comes from the botom of my heart, dear Rachel!

Big big hug
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:29 pm
:o Wakey,Wakey Elv`.......No it isn`t April fools day either......

I can`t believe it,but i can i totally understand it...these little blue people do tend to take up alot of time.

I totally agree with everyone else in the fact that your knowledge will be sorely missed.(All bow to the Queen)

All the best for the future Rachel.
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 pm
Hi Rachel
:beaker:
Its hard to know where to begin. You have been our rock in our smurfy seas. Both Blue Cavern and Blue Imps have been a corner stone of smurfing for so many of us and we have learned so much on smurfing through your efforts.

Its a huge decission you have come to as we all know that Smurfs have been a big part of your life for many years. I know if I was in your shoes it would not be an easy decission to make. I get all-smurfed-out at times and need to step back from them on occassion.

I think everyones words here have been a testimony to how you have touched all our smurfy lives and how much we all appreciate that. You will be sawly missed by everyone here. For most of us (me included) you have been there from the start.

I hope you will look back at what you have created with fond memories and I wish you all the best as you move on to your new endevours.

Daryl

:( :adore:

Postby JT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:01 am
I´m sorry to hear that Rachel, but I can understand your decision.
Your Smurf site was in fact first one I ever visited and you´ve been extremely nice and good friend. You and your impact will not be forgotten here.

Very best of luck and thank you,

Janne

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:37 am
Thanks for all your hard work here Rachel,
Best of luck for the future! 8)
Trish :wave2:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:08 am
Dear Rachel :( :( :( :(,

I'm sorry you are leaving, but you will be remembered for bringing the smurfiest place into existence. Hopefully this board will continue to exist.
I wish you the best of luck for your musical career.:fingers: I sincerely hope to drop by your place, once I am visiting Britain again.

Thank you so much and big hugs :hug:,
Dominique

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:11 pm
I am very surprised to hear you will not be collecting anymore. I haven't been here very long, but I will miss seeing you post. I hope you decide to keep many of your favorite Smurfs, because you never know. :-? Please stop by often to let us know how you are doing. :hug: Good luck with your future plans. :D
~~Christine~~

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am
Hi guys :wave2:

Firstly, sorry I have been so quiet since dropping this bombshell, I never intended to just say all this then disappear, I just hadn't realised what a busy fortnight that I have on work with concerts every night.

Thank You all so much for the very kind words and wishes of good luck both on and off the forum. I have to admit, I had to stop reading before work last week as I was in tears reading all the lovely replies.

I do have every intention of popping on here to say hi when I can, even after I have sold the collection and it will be cool to see how everyone is doing and how their collections are growing.

I am not promising but there is even a slight chance that I will still make it to Brussels in October to say a proper goodbye but this is really going to be decided by work and much nearer the date.

As a few of you have mentioned, initially I am going to try and keep a basic collection but this will depend on finances. I have the Easter holdiays starting next week so will start the huge process of getting smurfs ready to sell then.

Thank You all again for understanding and being so supportive, you really have no idea just how much this means to me.

:grouphug: :cheek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:05 pm
initially I am going to try and keep a basic collection but this will depend on finances
Oh Rachel, I really hope you are able to!! Even if it's just your favourite regulars and supers. Not forgetting those gorgeous Plastoys!! :-D

I am so glad that you don't have any intention of becoming a stranger to these smurfie parts! The forum wouldn't be the same without you! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Hi Rachel,

Gosh, I have logged on for the fist time in ages and find this post. What a surprise. As some of the others have said above, you and your sites were certainly an inspiration for me to turn up the motor on collecting smurfs. Best wishes in you new music ventures, I hope that it works out for you.
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm
Hi Rachel,

Well I hope you can at least keep a few of your favourite pieces. Hope the packing up isn't too painful - focus on the good things and the future :D

Helen

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 am
Hi Rachel,

with or without smurfs, we stay friends. :D
Postby HandyHarmony » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 am
Rachel,

Although we just met (at the Forum), I feel we have know you for a long time.

We collect Smurfs, Trains & Guitars. Music is my first love, and sometimes you have to put aside two things to enjoy the third. Too much to do...so little time.

I know you will keep some things Smurfy...they make you Smile !!!
Once you have Blue in the Blood you can't go back. :smurf2:

With all the friends you have in the Smurf World, you should not have any trouble putting them up for adoption.

We are thankful of the work you have done with the Forum. We have been searhing for this for years. :D

You will be sorely missed! :(

Happy Smurfing, :dogrun:

Alan
Handy & Harmony
New Jersey
USA
email: arennard@yahoo.com

"Smurf Trading is the BLUE thing to do !!!"
Page 2 of 4

Login