Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Midnight » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:57 pm
I wonder when (and if) there would be a newer smurf catalogue soon.
Last year on the smurf fair I was not interested in the catalogue from 2013 because it doesn't include the value of the smurfs (which is interesting for us as new collectors when we want to buy a smurf).
So we bought the german catalogue from 2003 (Der Schlumpfkatalog IV), and I'm happy with it but of course miss the different variations and prices from the latest smurfs.

I also noticed that before 2003 there were regurlary smurf catalogues which variations and prices, that's why I do not understand why there wasn't any release after 2003.

Does anyone have an idea if there would follow a newer catalogue with prices and variations?
Postby The Smurf Collector » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm
To be honest I do not feel there will be any new smurf catalogue coming out soon especially one that has one estimated prices. I would say it is just in possible to give a value of a smurf, as some smurfs can be really rare in one country than another.

There are a few online list of values for smurfs e.g Timeless Trinkets though I find when I look at their list and compare this to online smurf shop there are always discrepancies. So I just use a variety of online shops, eBay and this forum to get some idea of the value of smurfs.

I would love a new smurf catalogue every year but deep down I know it won't happen.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 am
I actually like it that no prices are included in the catalog because it's so subjective especially since both catalogs were written by sellers. Another problem is that the prices get outdated soon. A lot of sellers still think the prices in the DSK are valid today even though they are very outdated and way too much for some smurfs.

As far as I know, the new catalog is licensed by IMPS but one of their conditions was that no prices were to be included with it, only a rarity guide and I love that.

We had to wait about 10 years for this new catalog to come out, so I would be very shocked if this becomes a regular thing..Websites are easier to update and with smart phones it's as easy to pull them up when you buy smurfs as it is to look it up in a book.

If you do wonder how much to spend on a particular smurf, you can always ask us...or contact somebody from a website. What I did was also check for the prices on ebay, and online smurf stores...and then take the average of that as a guide :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby Midnight » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:31 am
That is true about the prices...
I noticed several times that some smurfs which are not so expensive in the catalogue can be expensive online ; for example the wild smurf is worth 4 euro but hard to find for that price.
And otherwise expensive smurfs sold for low prices...
Also the prices in the catalogue from 2003 should be higher now, because the same smurf in same condition than 12 years ago should be expensiver now (logically).

I think I'll buy the last catalogue then because I still miss the different varations of the latest smurfs.
Maybe wait a while untill it's less expensive ; for the moment I prefer to buy new smurfs with 30 euro instead of an extra catalogue. :)
Page 1 of 1

Login