Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Simon X » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 am
Hi,
In the last weeks I have seen a lot of the Abilis Promos, for example these auctions: 1, 2, 3, 4.

I think someone (didllj form the first auction?) has just found a bunch of them in an old storage...Do you have any other explanations? I don't hope, they have been produced recently...
The price for this smurf will definitely decrease a lot.

Postby lobo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:42 am
I was wondering the same thing...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 am
Can you post a picture of them? I wouldn't think they are easy to fake, and have always wondered how rare they really are. I know they are expensive but a lot of collectors seem to have them so they must be some of the easier to get of the promos :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 pm
I bought mine from her 5 years ago,for a terrible price :( :shock:
I have no idea if these abilis are remakes or old stock, but I guess, everyone buys one from her and tries to sell it with 200 or 300% profit.

I often wondered if the BP smurfs with wreath or on head are new productions too???

Sometimes, someone finds a bag full of promo`s, like the Fix&Foxi, the red Fafnir etc.

and also the Fluocaril is almost weekly for sale from the same french seller.
Perhaps reproductions or old stock????? I really don`t know :-?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:09 pm
I guess, it's fairly easy to make stamps that look like the original and then put them on normal smurfs. :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Simon X » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:30 pm
I don't own that smurf, so I don't have a picture of him or can say whether it's easy to fake him. I really hope they are from an old stock and not remade :-?
Postby lilou4460 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 am
Hi,
In the last weeks I have seen a lot of the Abilis Promos, for example these auctions: 1, 2, 3, 4.

I think someone (didllj form the first auction?) has just found a bunch of them in an old storage...Do you have any other explanations? I don't hope, they have been produced recently...
The price for this smurf will definitely decrease a lot.
Yep buthe found a really big bunch cause he propose to sell it by set of 50 even 100..... so he might have a lot of them the price will for sure decrease fastly.
Postby SmurfaGermany » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 am
The Seller has a bunch of 50 Abilis (startprice 350, buy it now for 400 Euro) now on ebay. I told him that I want to buy 200 of them and get the answer that it will be no problem.... so whatever he/she has it will be a huge lot... it´s not really good for the future price :-(

Postby new-swede » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm
does someone have an "old" abilis and could make a photo of his markings?
i have bought some of this "new ones" and for me they look like reproductions. but i don't have an "original" one to compare them with.

this new ones are smaller than original schleich judosmurfs and have a marking that is not found on the schleich-ones. but maybe that is correct for this promo-smurf?

Postby Lia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:27 am
Here are the markings of mine ( compared to another normal judo made in china ce)
I bought it more then 5 years ago when they still seemed to be rare and precious, before this same seller offered hundreds of them, like she is doing right now. :(
I have no idea if the new ones that she sells are the same as mine??

Lia
Attachments
judo m china 2 diff.jpg
judo m china 2 diff.jpg (25.32 KiB) Viewed 9764 times

Postby new-swede » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:17 am
lia, thx for the photo. the "new ones" i just bought look the same as yours.
and they are smaller than the schleich-judokas.

we just can hope that they are still originals and the seller just found a huge amount of them and not just reproduced them some years ago.

Postby Tintin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 am
Hi

If these are fake, it's very well done ..................
Still think this is one of the nicest promo's.

Tintin

Postby André » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:22 pm
Here are the markings of mine ( compared to another normal judo made in china ce)
I bought it more then 5 years ago when they still seemed to be rare and precious, before this same seller offered hundreds of them, like she is doing right now. :(
I have no idea if the new ones that she sells are the same as mine??

Lia

Hi Lia,

sorry for not being on the forum for awhile but I have been working alot and also spent a lot of time in the gym. ( Like with the smurfs I go in 100% and therefore this takes a lot of my spare time).

I will try to catch up with the threads later and get back with the markingthreads.

Thanks for the picture.

An intresting thing is that this marking does not include Schleich and have the year 1992???

Is this not a Schleichmade smurf??

Maybe Frank or you can add the pictures of the CE marked judosmurfs for us? I don´t have the time right now to unpack all the judosmurfs and check the markings. But I remember the china marked CE marked smurfs later in the 90s.

Applause made smurfs in China in the early 1990s and when Schleich made the first version of 20420, Scruple, in China in 1993 they had problems with it standing and had to change it.

Does this Abilis smurfs have a marking no other 20134-smurfs have???

As said before I have not checked my Judosmurfs and therefore can not say if the marking Abilis have are on any normal smurfs, but maybe anyone else can check this!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:00 pm
The judo is one of my favorites, perhaps because there are so many nice variations? :D

here is a picture of some of the marked ones
Attachments
Judoschlumpf 7 st kl;.jpg
Judoschlumpf 7 st kl;.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 9717 times

Postby Lia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:01 pm
and here is the abilis next to a china marked smurf
Attachments
Judoschlumpf abilis en china vk.jpg
Judoschlumpf abilis en china vk.jpg (54.55 KiB) Viewed 9716 times

Postby Lia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:03 pm
back side
the abilis has only the markings shown before on my picture
Attachments
Judoschlumpf abilis en china ak.jpg
Judoschlumpf abilis en china ak.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 9714 times

Postby Tintin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:38 am
Hi

Great to see you back on the forum Andre.
Today is a bit busy for me, but i try to take pictures from the judo as soon as possible !!!

Tintin

Postby Tintin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:16 am
Hi All

The pictures i promissed..............

First one is a W Germany with no CE logo.

Second picture are 3 Germany one ( the W from all 3 they try to cover up )
First one is a shiny one with a black dot.
The second a dull one and the last is a dull one with a blue colour dot.

Tintin
Attachments
20134 CE.jpg
20134 CE.jpg (79.6 KiB) Viewed 9643 times
20134 W Germany.jpg
20134 W Germany.jpg (63.61 KiB) Viewed 9643 times

Postby Tintin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 am
Then a China one ............ the same as one from Lia.

And the last picture 3 from HK.
The first one is extremely dark blue and no W. Berrie.
Second with W. Berrie and the last without but with a sticker painted in Sri Lanka.
It's the same mold as the first but not so dark blue ................

So i don't have a normal China like the Abilis have.

Tintin
Attachments
20134 HK.jpg
20134 HK.jpg (89.96 KiB) Viewed 9642 times
20134 China.jpg
20134 China.jpg (50.96 KiB) Viewed 9642 times

Postby Tojo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am
Is there a final conclusion concerning these Abilis smurfs? I saw a lot of them for sale at Blue Paradise selling cheaply & there are a lot for sale on ebay for around €8.

What actually is Abilis?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 2

Login