Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 8
Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 am
Hi everbody,

I will add some pictures and information of the Alfred J. Kwak items I have here. Regarding markings, boxes etc. If somethings seems wrong please let me know.

Feel free to comment or ad your own Alfred J. Kwak pictures aswell.

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:53 pm
The windmill,

for this item I don´t have a box so I can not give you a articlenumber on this. If anyone has a this box please ad this picture to this thread. I have a picture from internet of the box but that is for my use only and nothing I would like ( or are allowed :) ) to show here.

Because I like the differences of the colours and there are many regarding the Kwak-items I took a picture of the 3 CE-marked different windmills I have. And as you can see the are not only different on the outside. The big "part" inside the shaft of the windmill is brown in the Kwak releases. So if you want e genuine one it should be brown. Sometimes a white one can be inside if the original one was broken or misplaced.

The parts that "locks" the sails ( in the front) is also different in all three versions. The older grey windmill with the Peyo-marking has a more "brown-orange-yellow" locking device.

You can see there are other colourvariations on the other parts as the ladder, sails etc. aswell.

The Kwak windmill don´t have any sail-covering made of cloth as the others have. It also don´t have the mushroom-roof.

The mold and markings are exactly the same on 2 ones to the left. The yellow one has only a slightly bigger CE-marking than the other 2.

It is interesting that none of these have any Peyo-marking.

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:59 pm
The lake-playset-box.

Nr: 694.5505

The boat and the raft was also included in the box.

Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 pm
The landscape and the different Schleich boats.

The landscape has no markings at all.

Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 pm
As you can see the these parts are exactly the same, except for the colours. And the germany-marked smurfboat also is marked Peyo. Kwak-boat is not.

Postby André » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 pm
I added this picture here aswell because I liked it with the smurfs and the water.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 pm
Andre,
thank you for this thread...I will make it a sticky once finished so it's easy to find in the future :-D

I didn't know about the different colored boats as well, so this is really great to learn.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby redberet1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 am
Hi all,

Hereby I would like to post some "Bauanleitungen" regarding the serveral items of Alfred J. Kwak.

ImageImage

Kind regards from Holland

Ruud
Postby redberet1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:06 am
Hi all,

Hereby I would like to post another "Bauanleitung" regarding the a item of Alfred J. Kwak.

Kind regards from Holland

Ruud

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:26 am
Thanks a lot Ruud,

I love those.

Then there must have been a box for these accessories aswell?

Here is the Farmbox. Nr. 512.7329

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 am
Ruud,

do you have the windmillbox?

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:38 am
The well playset,

Here is the wellplaysets.

As you see the Kwak-well don´t the same colours as the other ones.

It has darkbrown and grey parts which the others don´t have.

The new china-made version of this is in the middle. ( French magazine)

The kwak mold seems to be exactly the same as the german-made one.

There is a kwak-box for this set on Dyars website.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:50 am
I compared the markings between the polkadot well and the kwak well and they are exactly the same. The smurfwell from this box don´t have the Peyomarking.

So they probably used the same mold. Just a slight difference in colour.

It also seems that all the Kwak-parts are marked CE. That means the ones that have markings.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:01 am
the stoves

Here are the 3 stoves with the biggest difference in colors.

The green one is made for Kwak.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 am
Here is a close-up on the 2 new ones which is exactly the same except for the color. A big number 2 under it.

It is also interesting to see that on both these the feets are marked from 1 to 4. So actually all the feets are different. :)

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:07 am
farms

Here are the 3 different CE-marked Farms.

They all have a big difference in colours.

They Kwak farm dont have the birdnest and many of the other loose accessories were not sold together with this.

The smurffarms don´t have any Peyo-markings and the mold seems to be the same.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:20 am
Strangely the Kwak farm miss a part that I from the start thought should be there. It is the part on the picture. This was sold with the smurffarms. Later I found out that this parts was not sold with the kwak-house.

But the black key should be there.

All this you can also see on the nice assemblyinstructions Ruud added to this thread.

Ruud,

Do you have these papers or just pictures of them?

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:30 am
The rockingchair.

This is one of the most lovely Kwak-items. My opinion.

As you see there are some different versions of these chairs.

The Kwak version don´t have any markings, just like the smurf CE-version of this.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 am
the beds.

Here are the different CE-marked beds.

A strange thing about these are that the kwak-beds are marked 1983 and smurfbeds are marked 1982.

I don´t know why.

Postby André » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:54 am
This is the white vanity table from Kwak together with the other schleichversions.

I added a lot of parts and assembled the ones in the front differently so you can see that from all these parts, it is possible to switch parts between eachother. The parts all fit together. But the ones in the front were never sold like that.

And as you understand now it is the same mold and therefore you can switch them like this.

The Kwak-vanity table has the year 1983 marked under. And Schleich, CE and so on.
Page 1 of 8

Login