Home of the Smurf Community

This section is for limited certified items that come with a certificate and certificate number
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurfowen » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 pm
REASON: To co-inside with the 40th anniversary of the smurf
YEARS: 1998
COMPANY: McDonald's
ITEM: Smurfs Happy Meal Collector Set
MARKETING: Simon Marketing Int. Ltd, London
QUANTITY:....../1000
Smurfs Made in China for © 1998 McDonald's Corporation
(England)
LICENCE: © Peyo 1998 i.M.P.S. (Brussels)

THIS ITEM WAS NEVER ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC THROUGH McDONALDS, THEY WERE USED AS SALES PITCHES FOR THE McDONALDS SALESPERSON

CERTIFICATION: Yes

ITEM: 10x Smurfs (2 been new molds never used before or again)
1x Double sided box case

TAKE NOTE: IN 1996 McDonalds used these same smurfs to promote their 25th Anniversary. In 1998 the swopped the smurf with McDonalds sign to the smurf that is holdin the yellow happy meal box. Making both these smurfs new molds and collectible.
Attachments
Maccas1998HappyMealCollectorsBox.jpg
Maccas1998HappyMealCollectorsBox.jpg (37.31 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby smurfowen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 am
0146/1000 - Pierre Owen
0749/1000 - Pierre Owen
Smurfowen

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm
I have a UK version of this, were they released with collector's box for the Germany set as well (i.e. with the 25 smurf)?

Also, what was the significance of the smurf having a 25, I've never been quite sure?

Postby naish510 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:46 am
I have number 983

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am
I have a UK version of this, were they released with collector's box for the Germany set as well (i.e. with the 25 smurf)?

Also, what was the significance of the smurf having a 25, I've never been quite sure?
As far as I know this box set was released in the UK only for promotional purposes so the 25th anniversary smurf should not be included with it.

The 25th anniversary McDonald smurf was released in Europe to celebrate the 25th anniversary of McDonals in 1996.

A year or two later the set was released in the UK, and the 25th anniversary smurf was replaced with the Happy Meal smurf. :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby smurfowen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am

show us a picture please
Smurfowen

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 pm
Thanks for explaining Maureen, will upload pictures when back tomorrow (if someone doesn't beat me to it)
Page 1 of 1

Login