Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 2
Postby cal78 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:29 pm
was trying to find anything on the Smurfs2 at mcdonalds this year and found this.

The Smurfs 2 promotional partnership highlights include:

•McDonald's, which is bringing Smurfy fun to millions of fans around the world to celebrate the Magic of Family. The Smurfs 2 is McDonald's most anticipated promotion for 2013, with a focus on positive nutrition messages for children. The Smurfs 2 Happy Meal will highlight fruits, vegetables and dairy along with unique Smurf toys in North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand and Latin America. In addition, select markets will feature entertaining TV, print, digital and social media elements. Examples include:

◦North America's Smurfy celebration with fun packaging, in-store activities and displays, 16 Smurf characters and a special Smurf appearance on the new Happy Meal app, McPlay.

◦McDonald's UK will give kids the chance to become part of the Smurf gang through clues on the Happy Meal box, along with offering fun Smurf masks, a book voucher for one of two Smurf books and a new fruit option.

◦Restaurants in Europe are inviting customers to join the family adventure to find Smurfette through special in-restaurant activities, displays and premiums.

◦McDonald's Australia and New Zealand will share a Smurf-tastic experience in restaurants featuring special blue menu items, Smurf programs and a fun competition with prizes ranging from a trip to MovieWorld to The Smurfs 2 Ubisoft games.

◦Across Latin America, McDonald's restaurants are providing a Smurfy good time for customers through special displays, unique toys and fun digital components.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:18 pm
I still have nightmares of the last time...I pretty much bought out all McDonalds between Nashville and Chattanooga to get all the sets I had promised to others :eek: :) :) :)

I swore I would not set foot into a McDonalds until the next smurf promotion..and yep that's about right :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up, Cal :D It will be fun to collect these again :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tracker Smurf » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:13 pm
They have despicable me next...I'm surprised how secretive Mcdonalds seems to be about upcoming promotions... I keep searching the internet for what they have from Smurfs 2

Postby cal78 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm
Nightmres Here too, i Finally got tired and one day, just asked the Workers, to check the boxes in the back, they had the last eight ones i needed.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 am
Thanks for posting, Cal. :)

Too bad, that I won't be around from the end of July to mid October, however I do hope that there will be figurines as well. (Nevertheless, I need to save some bucks.)

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:18 pm
Uhm... by those descriptions sounds like only the US will get a set of 16 new figures... :???: :(

Oh well... I hate McD anyways... 8-)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:18 pm
These should be very easy to find once the promotion is over...ebay is literally flooding with the 2011 US McDonald smurfs...and there are always flea markets...that's how I hope to get my set :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:06 am
These should be very easy to find once the promotion is over...ebay is literally flooding with the 2011 US McDonald smurfs...and there are always flea markets...that's how I hope to get my set :) :) :)
Could you please help me out as well. :? You needn't hurry though, for I won't be around from end July to mid October.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm
Sure, no problem, Dom :hug:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 am
Awwww thank you, Moey. :hug: You know, due to all circumstances, I decided to cancel my internship in SA and to spend some three months in the UK instead, preparing for my Cambridge ESP certificate, which I need for a special MA exchange programme in the Netherlands/Germany. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:27 pm
Here are pictures of the 2013 US McDonald smurfs...so far I like them better than the 2011 ones

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 pm
Nice set! The best figures being Vanity and Handy. Not sure on some of the gereric smurfsdoing odd poses and why there are 2 of smurfette. Hope the figures are the same size as the last american set .

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am
Hiya,

I just read that German McDonalds got Smurf figurines as well. Unfortunently I went to see the Smurf movie on Thursday, therefore I wasn't able to find them.

http://www.mcdonalds.de/familien/spielzeug

Most seem to be similar to those, that are being released in the US, but some of them, might be US only or different to those being sold in the US. (e.g. Smurfette)

Love,
Dom

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 am
Btw. I treated myself with an almost complete set, whilst being on my way to my mum on Sat, since there was a McDonalds at the main station. However I didn't managed to get a Vexy, for she was already (!) out of stock. Thus I asked my dad to find me one in a McDonalds, that is only five km away from me and...there she was out of stock again, being the only figurine that has been extremely successful!!!

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 pm
Hey.

I just noticed that the McD in Portugal also has the 16 figures promotion running. I'll see if I can get some of my family/friends over there to grab a set for me, and maybe some extras.

I can see that most figures are the same as the US, but there are some others that aren't! :eek: :-?
Guess it's a good thing for trading, but makes collector live just a tad harder... :banghead:

Here's the link: http://mcdonalds.pt/campanhas/smurfs/

PS - Narrator and Lazy look great!!!! (even though, he looks more like sleepwalking smurf :lol: :lol: )

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 am
It's a shame that Germany only has 12 figures instead of 16 like everywhere else. At least I managed to get Smurfette with the dragon wand when I was in England as that one isn't available here...

Today I went to McD's in Frankfurt but they only had 4 of the figures so I got one each of those. I shall have to try my luck at another branch....

By the way, the Lazy Smurf in his nightshirt which is part of the Portugese set is also part of the UK set but not available in Germany.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby paolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 am
In Italy nothing yet, and I asked at all 4 McD's in my town and noone knew anything about it :banghead:

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:08 am
After the problems that I had last week in finding the 4 new ones, I had been fearful of missing some from this week... but alas I found them all at the first McD I was at! :D I even think I could have bought a complete set today, as they had so many! :cheers:

Postby paolo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:25 pm
Starting tomorrow...
Attachments
mcd.jpg
mcd.jpg (47.47 KiB) Viewed 6803 times

Postby Tojo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm
I only managed to get a couple of the German ones :( Wherever I went they had none left (right from the start) & they were giving out story books from a different promotion... If you ask me the whole promotion was very badly organised here in Frankfurt.

I didn't even get a happy meal box as they didn't have any smurf ones in the restaurants that I went to!!!! They gave me the happy meal with smurf toy in a box from a completely different promotion!!!!

Now that the promotion has ended I'm going to have to spend a fortune on ebay trying to get a set plus box :banghead: :angry:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 2

Login