Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 am
Just wanted to share these photos from a few weeks before christmas when they released the Smurfs Christmas Carol on DVD here. Woolworths Supermarket had this small cardboard display at the end of an isle with the DVDs on. But not even a week later it was gone. Maybe someone nabbed it.
Attachments
ChristmasCarolDVD-Woolworths.jpg
ChristmasCarolDVD-Woolworths.jpg (106.56 KiB) Viewed 7052 times

Postby bradley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:38 am
Then Big W had this larger standing display plus all the tvs in the electrical section were playing the Smurfs Christmas on the screens!
Attachments
ChristmasCarolDVD-BigW01.jpg
ChristmasCarolDVD-BigW01.jpg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
ChristmasCarolDVD-BigW02.jpg
ChristmasCarolDVD-BigW02.jpg (85.61 KiB) Viewed 7051 times

Postby bradley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 am
And to my nice surprise I met my sisters new partner for the first time on christmas day. He is the manager of a Big W store and asked me if I wanted a smurfs dvd display :D and they dropped it off to me last night and I've spent all day making room for it & filling it up. Really nice display and has saved me from buying another display cabinet for the moment.

So I said the Smurf Movie is coming out on dvd here on the 5th January so I'm hoping the Big W stores have a similar dvd display he can nab for me. So I'm happy :)
Attachments
ChristmasCarolDVD-MyDisplay.jpg
ChristmasCarolDVD-MyDisplay.jpg (105.2 KiB) Viewed 7049 times

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:57 am
Those are really nice display...and you must be over the moon to have gotten one :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looks good next to your glass cabinets :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 am
It looks great next to the cabinets! :D

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:46 am
I agr lovely display Brad. What a lovely display!!!If I were you I`d use it for keeping pvc smurfs instead of dvds or books, but i only have pvc smurfs :) :) :)

I will have a look at sapnih mangers but I am afraid that display is not being used at sapin for the promo
JOAQUÍN

Postby André » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:08 am
Looks very nice Brad!! :-D :cheers:

And it is great that you have that contact now and probably can get more items!! :D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby bradley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:40 pm
Yeah its good to have a contact some where to be able to get a display like this. I missed out on all the cinema displays and mcdonalds displays so this was lucky and unexpecter. The dvd display does look nice next to my cabineys. Now i hope for a matching dvd display for the movie. Will be checking next week :)

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:10 pm
Your new display is wonderful Brad. I haven't seen anything like it here.

It is ideal for use as storage for your dvd's etc :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:43 am
Well Big W & Woolworths already have the Smurfs DVD out a week early and they have display stands. 2 different ones again. But the better of the two is at Woolworths not Big W :( That stand would have matched perfectly next to the Christmas display as its exactly the same size. Here is the display at Woolworths.
Attachments
SmurfsMovieDVD-Woolworths.jpg
SmurfsMovieDVD-Woolworths.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 7006 times

Postby bradley » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 am
And this is the one at Big W where my sisters partner works. This display is huge with 4 sides for dvds. So I've put the call in. See if he can nab this one for me when they are finished with it. Also asked about Woolworths as both stores are part of the same chain... so you never know. I do prefer the other one in the supermarket to match the christmas one. We will see.
Attachments
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW.jpg
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW.jpg (101.59 KiB) Viewed 7005 times

Postby smurfer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:25 am
Thanks Brad :D Very smurfy displays !! Love the one from Big W !!! :smitten:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:43 am
This one would be great to have, Brad....Good luck :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tintin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 am
Hi Brad

Great displays.
I liked the Christmas Carol :-D
A bit short maybe ( 20 minutes ) but nice.

Tintin

Postby bradley » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 am
Just getting around to posting this! I did get the Big W display! Huge with 4 sides. Have no idea what I will fill it with but I will leave it empty for now. Had to find a spot to put it in the smurf room and it ended up standing in front of the window. Not much room to fit it in with the cabinets but it looks good where it is right next to my 2 cabinets full of the Smurf Movie stuff. See photos... And also I just got a frame for the Movie DVD poster. Looks good. Have since found wall space in the room above the Christmas Carol dvd display in the corner.
Attachments
SmurfsMovieDVD-Poster.jpg
SmurfsMovieDVD-Poster.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW-display02.jpg
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW-display02.jpg (105.77 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW-display01.jpg
SmurfsMovieDVD-BigW-display01.jpg (110.2 KiB) Viewed 6960 times

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 am
Wow that display looks huge....well done, Brad :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:45 am
Fantastic, that room!!! :D

Lia
Page 1 of 1

Login