Home of the Smurf Community

Find all the news and rumours about the Smurf movie here
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 am
From Box Office Mojo: "The Smurfs led for the seventh-straight frame on one of the slowest foreign weekends in recent memory. The movie added an estimated $12.9 million from 69 markets, around half of which came from phenomenal holds in Italy (down 6 percent to $3.8 million) and Australia (off 3 percent to $2.65 million). That brings its foreign total to $364.4 million, and on Sunday it eclipsed $500 million worldwide (domestic plus foreign). That makes The Smurfs the first non-sequel in 2011 to reach the half-billion-dollar milestone."

That's all good news..... the smurfs seems to have a stronger showing in other parts of the world than in America, but I think thats to be expected.

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 am
Wow That is really good news.
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 am
Hi

For such a small figures a very big achievement !!!
Well done smurfs :-D

Tintin

Postby Wandy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:54 am
:iagree:
Wandy :witch:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 am
If I add the numbers up correctly, this means the movie made around 130 million in the US alone....don't think anybody predicated that

:woohoo: for smurfs :smurf:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am
I'm amazed & really pleased that the film has done so well. It is still being shown here in Karben on the weekends but only in 2D.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm
Smurfs has been number 1 at the Australian box office for the last 2 weeks.

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm
We're #1, We're #1. I would like to see the movie set more in the village, but think it will be more likely in LA, or again in NY.
Mr Bill

Postby Gerda » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:19 pm
since the smurfs have not been around here since the 80's they where big time underestimated, but it is funny as most people (non true smurfers) remember the smurfs and even loved them. It is great to hear they did so good, that will shut the critics up and maybe speed along the 2nd movie... and hopefully...fingers crossed... more merchandise!! :-D :-D
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login