Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 2 of 2

Postby Azrael » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 am
I really like Pumpkin, werewolf and Ghost... so I'm quite suprised actually!

It's odd they chose to keep Smurfette in the cake.. seeing as it has '50' on it! :eek:
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 am
Well, that is what I call a big surprise. :-D I still wonder why they kept Judo though. I bet he is going to stay as long as doctor has stayed. Anyway congratulations to Michelle, ABC and Tojo!!! :cheerz: :D

Postby Azrael » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:51 am
Thing is, some stay as they are popular with non-collectors.. eg, Judo fans might buy him or someone could buy the doctor for a gift.

Hence the success of the standee's I suppose?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:59 am
I think this is a big surprise as I have found that everytime I look at shops those smurfs seem to sell out the quickest, i'm also surprised to see a full set go, usually they pick and choose a few but not a full set like this
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 am
Congrats everyone :D

The last time Schleich discontinued an entire series was in 2004 with the Marching Band. So the Halloween may be common rare in the future (let's hope so).
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am
Yipee!!! What a surprise!!

I didn't expect an entire range to be discontinued, although it doesn't break my heart in this case.

I did like the marching band though :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:55 am
I'm guessing the native american/indian smurf series will be discontinued. However, I think the 50th anniversary may be continued for one more year (it is costly to make those molds and set that production line up for only one year).
Just a guess.
Chris
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:59 am
Hi Chris; It was the holloween Smurfs. The complete set.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:55 am
Yabadabadoo!! My prize for the competition arrived yesterday :-D

I picked Director, Actress & Actor for no better reason than that I like them the best :)

Thank you Maureen for doing this competition & for providing the prizes & thank you Michelle for sending them (and thankyou too for the lovely smurf stamps on the envelope & for the smurfette stickers :hug: ) :hug::hug:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 2 of 2

Login