Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 am
With summer just around the corner, I thought it might be a fun idea for a new competition.
It will be a little bit of a different competition this time, so please read the rules carefully and if you have any questions, let me know by posting them on here or pm me :D

- Take a picture of one of your smurfs while out on your summer vacation, or while enjoying a lazy summer day at home. It has to be a picture, not a drawing, and doesn't have to be a scene..but it should show a nice place..like if you go to the beach take a picture of your smurf on the beach, if you visit a nice city, take a picture of your smurf at one of the sights. If you are not going anywhere, take a picture of the smurf in your backyard, your city..your home

- Send the picture to my e-mail or pm it to me...it is important that you do not post it here

- I will post the picture on here without giving out your name.

- After the deadline for the submitting the pictures has passed, we will open the competition and everybody can guess who sent in what picture

- The top three guessers will win a prize which I will post later on today. The one with the most correct guesses will get to choose between the three prizes

the rules are easy:
- It has to be a new picture that hasn't been seen on a website or the forum before
- You have to send it to me so I can post it
- It has to be submitted by June 30th
- I will post them all by July 1st and everybody has one guess until July 15th after which the winners will be announced.

- Everybody can submit a picture (actually the more the better) and I will post it once in a while (like once a week)
- Every member or administrator can guess

Remember, everybody can submit a picture, even if you feel like you can't create a nice smurfy scene...it isn't the quality or originality of the picture that wins but the one who guesses the most correct.

Any questions, just let me know :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Fri May 09, 2008 6:31 am
Oh wow! Cool comp! :-D Moey you are inspired today! :worship:

Postby Lia » Fri May 09, 2008 6:58 am
It`s a nice idea Maureen! I will try to remember it.

Postby FlamingO » Fri May 09, 2008 10:41 am
Great competition Maureen, easy for everyone to enter :D

Look forward to taking my photo and seeing everyone else's summer smurf pics :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 09, 2008 11:05 am
Well, I am sitting outside in my backyard enjoying a nice summer day with high winds, sunshine, three dogs sitting around me, ants, spiders and other yucky insects doing their own thing...only the Pina Colada is missing and it would be perfect...

So, here are the prizes...remember the first place gets to pick between the three

I am aware that the plush is not available yet, July is coming faster than expected...should something happen and it doesn't become available, I will find something equally nice, I promise :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Simon X » Fri May 09, 2008 1:50 pm
That is a very interesting and surely funny competition, well done! :D
Of course I will try to make a photo. :D
And the prices are great, too. And I already know which one I would take... :lol: :-D

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri May 09, 2008 2:41 pm
Uhm... how on earth am I going to take a picture of a smurf on my summer vacation, when I only start it on the 15th July, and submition needs to be until the 30th June? :-? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Maybe I can find something interesting aorund here... maybe... :eek:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:12 pm
Cool idea for competition Mauren, not particularly going anyway but sure can find something locally... very exciting

Btw the plush you show and the gold smurf (sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere), is this a genuine smurfy 50th variant or is this not known yet?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 09, 2008 3:21 pm
Gerda found a website that takes presale orders for it. It is supposed to be ready for shipping in July and it appears it will be the American 50th anniversary smurf release.... I find the golden guitar player very intriguing as I really have no idea what he will be like :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurf1303 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:28 pm
Cool, thanks for info Maureen, does indeed look intreging.

Would definitely like one.

Gerda, any chance you could post the URL please

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 09, 2008 4:45 pm
Here is the link, Helen

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... ield=smurf

If you don't want to open an account, let Gerda or me know. I think Gerda already pre-ordered some and I will do so, too

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Fri May 09, 2008 4:56 pm
That's a great idea for a competition. I'll have to think of a good subject now & decide which smurfy should be in the picture. That'll probably be the most difficult :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby agent smurf » Sat May 10, 2008 9:37 am
Yeah right.
I'll try not to post a picture with Tojo on it again. :-D

I mean pm of course.

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:19 am
Thanks for link Maureen and offer, not a problem for me to register account though, think either way re gold smurf would like one anyway, and will just think if gold smurf made of 'proper' material then that'll be a bonus.

still trying to decide which smurf to photograph though -

Postby JT » Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 pm
That is so cool competition Maureen :D
Can´t wait to see the results.

JT

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu May 15, 2008 6:42 pm
Here is an example of a picture and how they will be displayed

It can show a highway (as in this picture) or a landmark, or garden or whatever you can come up with :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Fri May 16, 2008 4:15 pm
I`ll send you an email , Maureen, with pics!

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 am
Thank you, Lia :hug:

I decided I will post the pictures all at once...so put your thinking caps on and keep the pictures coming. The more we have the more fun the competition will be :-D

As I said you can pm them to me, or e-mail them to me.

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed May 21, 2008 7:21 am
Great idea, Mo. :D I will make up my mind and try to send you some pics by next week. :D

Postby FlamingO » Wed May 21, 2008 1:50 pm
booo Hooo Maureen :-( Can';t we see them as they come in :-? All pics at once might be too much excitement to take in one hit :cool: bit like having too may United goals in one half, better to spread them out.... ????? (I think that's the idea anyway :-( :-( :scratchinghead:) Sorry I have nervous tension typing syndrome :cyclops:
Page 1 of 3

Login