Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 7
Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 am
Just saying hello, and a big thanks to leting me into the community. :)

Was kind of hard, I must say.

Anyway, here's a pic of most of my smurf collection. I think I have about 128 smurfs... nothing compared to the huge collections some of you have. :D

I'll post a longer intro a litte later, as I just got home and am a bit hungry. :beer:

My almost complete collection

From another angle

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 am
Hi Sandra

Nice to see you made it onto the forum and to read a post of your's :D

You have quite a few very nice smurfs already and although some members on here have a ton of smurfs I still consider your collection to be quite big.

How long have you lived in Denmark and is it hard to find smurfs in either of these countries?

Good luck with your collecting and I hope you like it on here

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:34 am
:welcome: Sandra!!

You have some great smurfs in your collection and if you hang around here, your collection will definitely grow as we are a bad (or is it good) influence on each other :)

Sorry about the problems you had joining but I'm glad you persevered :D We have had so many spammers join here that your ID probably got stuck in a batch of $%#@& spammers :banghead:

I hope you enjoy it here and any questions, please ask :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Simon X » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:41 am
Hi and a big :welcome: ..!

Your collection looks very nice and there are even some really rare smurfs inside (all (?) Xmassmurfs, red/white rugby, chaingang in box etc...). :-D :D

I hope you'll have a great time here! :D

Postby FlamingO » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:51 am
:hiya: Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I hope you like it here and it makes smurf collecting even more enjoyable for you :-D You have a really nice collection there already :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:07 am
Back :)

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
First of, let me add that this collection isn't only mine, it's my brothers also.

Well, let me reply by parts... ;)

Moved here for about 3,5 years ago, still hoping to get the job I want. Until then, I'll stick with the one I currently have (and no, it's nothing exciting, but helps with the bills :bogroll: )

As how easy or difucult it is to find smurfs around here... Well, don't really know. :) I just got back into smurf buying 2 weeks ago, when I bought the Axe Smurf at a local and annual market. Was kind of sad that he only had 1 I didn't had, he had a lot more last year (but then I didn't bought any cause I was unemmployed, and buying smurfs wasn't that high in the priority list).
Since I got this smurf my obsession just started to grow... at the point that last week I started building a lego smurf! Unfortunatly, again, I run out of white and blue bricks to make his head and hat! :( Maybe I'll use another color, just to finish it, untill I can get more bricks. ;)

I do believe my collection will grow, yes... Believe it or not, it already has, by 2! :joy: So it's now 130. You see, after I ate I remembered there was something I wanted to buy in town, so I hurried out (only had about 15 min before the stores closed), on the way there I went my the toys shop, and asked and got this reply "These 2 are the only ones we have left."... which made me think "If I don't buy them now, maybe they won't be here tomorow"... so.. :) My 2 new additions are the Frankenstein and the Goal keeper.

Don't think I have all the xmas smurfs, just a few. :) Didn't even knew they rare (or that there were fakes around, untill I run into Blue IMPS site).

BTW, I don't think any of mine are fakes, as far as I remember they are all store bought.

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:36 am
(continued)

I can understand about the spammers/boots/trolls, they can be very annoying!
Have you guys considered closing the registration for a while and see if the bots/spammers/trolls give up? Or maybe set up an invitation system, or an extra field in the registration - something like "Why do you wish to join?"
And maybe also an automatic email verification, kind of like the ones one has to click on a link or enter a password on the site to verify that that email is real? Wouldn't keep some spammers/trolls away, but would most likely stop the bots.

Anyway, for that long intro I promissed. ;)

Can't really remember when we started collecting smurfs, but am almost sure I first come in contact with the smurfs via the comic books. :) As my father was (and is) a comic read, and he kind of introduced us to it.
You've probably already noticed that the older smurfs aren't in that great shape or condition, but you see, we loved them and we played with them a lot! :)
One of my fondest memories from childwood is going wiht my parents to a toy fair in Lisbon, and seeing this huge display with "tons" of smurfs I didn't had or had even seen before, and all the houses and stuf. Damn, how I wished I could have them all! 8)

I know I had (or have) a poster somewhere where the smurfs (the "original ones") were displayed. We used to mark it with our initials to mark which ones we had, and who owned it. ;)
When I was in the 9th grade (I think), I made a poster ilustrating the simptoms of cancer... and I used the smurfs as the "people". ;) Not sure if I still have it or not. :-?

Well, at some point we stopped buying smurfs, I'm guessing our interrests shifted a little, and they ended up being "put" away. Untill about 4-5 years ago, when my brother decided he wanted to loan them to the son of a friend of ours so he could play with them when he came to visit. He obsessed so much that we got tired of hearing him complaing. He finally found them last year, when he took that pic and then sent it to me.
Due to that fact, my father thought it would be funny to give us 7 smurfs for xmas (not the odd number there, he's an evil man :evil: ). Anyway, guess he's the one guilty to restart the flame. ;) Now if I could only remember which ones was he bought us it would be a great help (hope the goal keeper wasn't one of them 8-) )

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:45 am
Hi Cassiebsg, welcome aboard. :welcome:

Again, apologies for the difficult time you had joining, we have looked into several methods for the registration but for now it is just a case of deleting the spam members and I 'm afarid we missed that you were genuine.

Sorry. :oopz:

Anyway, lovely to see your collection, you have some very nice smurfs in there and it has been lovely reading your story of how you and your family have been into smurfs for so long. :-D

Many of us here had smurfs during childhood and have restarted collecting into our adult lives so I am sure you are going to fit in very well.

Please, always feel free to ask any questions and add any stories or comments and like others, I am sure your collection is just going to grow and grow and we can all enjoy watching it get bigger. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 pm
Hiya and welcome. :sun: Glad you managed to join in the end. Always nice to meet new Smurfers. :-D You have a great collection there to with some really nice figures. 8)

Smurfy regards
Steve. :fumbup:

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:55 pm
:welcome: Sandra

You have a great collection there, i am sure you will enjoy being part of this forum :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Pitufo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:19 pm
Hi, Sandra!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I am sure you will enjoy here...Your collections is really nice ( I began years ago with my twin brother too, but now he whole collection is mine... :) :) :) Well, sometimes he asks "Have WE this smurf?"

I am from Spain, so we are almost neighbours!!!!Hope to see you here usually!!!!!!!

PS: what kind of car is a smurf riding in your collection? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:31 pm
Welcome to the forum :welcome:

I am new as well and I have been made to feel really welcome by all the other members. I hope you have as much fun on here as I do. :D

I enjoyed reading your introduction. :cheers:

I agree with the other members, you have some great smurfs already and I can only see your collection growing and growing....... :-D

Sharon :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:44 pm
:welcome: to our forum

It was nice to read how you started collecting smurfs and wonderful to see your collection :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:53 am
:welcome: to the smurfiest place around, Sandra. Enjoy your stay :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:00 am
PS: what kind of car is a smurf riding in your collection? :-?
It's a Go-cart - super smurf 40218

Postby Tojo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am
Welcome aboard Sandra :cheers: You've got some very nice smurfs there & I'm sure you'll be adding to them. Enjoy yourself here, it's a great place to meet lovely people & to chat about smurfs to your heart's content without being looked at wierdly for being a smurf collector :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:35 pm
Ok, it's official, I'm as confused as you are pitufo! :shock:

I replyed without looking at the picture, and looking at it... well, sure as hell doesn't look like the one listed in Blue IMPS, nor the one I remember... :-?

I'll add it to the list of stuff I have to ask my brother.
Though, it looks a little like playmobil, so maybe he mixed the car and the smurf go-cart is still MIA....

Playmobil car maybe?

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:28 pm
Hopfully you will be able to find out what happend to it. At least hes got a little go cart to ride around on till you can find out. :D

Smurfy regards
Steve. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:53 pm
:welcome: Sandra

Thanks for showing us your collection :D

Hope you have a good time here :cheers:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:31 pm
Well, finally managed to talk with my brother last night. :)

As for the go-cart, he has no idea where it is. I have a feeling it's still mixed in one of our many toy boxes - as well as the butterfly catcher which I can't find in the pics.

Anyway, found out which ones my father gave us for xmas... all 13!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: (and I was so sure they were 7!)

2.0213 - Devil
2.0411 - Azrael
2.0412 - Bride
2.0413 - Groom
2.0418 - Gargamel Chasing
2.0443 - Inline Smurfette (good thing I lost this auction :-D )
2.0449 - Lead Guitar
2.0467 - Chimney Sweep
2.0542 - Ghost
2.0543 - Werewolf
2.0544 - Mummy
2.0522 - Workaholic
2.0528 - Goal-Getter

That get's my total to 143 :D :)
Page 1 of 7

Login