Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Midnight » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:41 pm
Hi :joy:

I'm Midnight, almost 44 years old and live in Belgium.
I guess I'm becoming a kind of smurf collector.

As a child I had a few smurfs (maybe 10, maybe 15 or more : I don't exactly remember).
I kept my smurfs in a plastic box of Ice-cream.
Untill today I have no idea why those little creatures stole my attention ; most part of my toys were playable. Of course I imagined stories they played in, but most of the time I enjoyed just looking at them, holding them and talking to them.

The first time I left the elder house, my smurfs moved with me to my new home.
So far so good...
But when I returned to my elder's house I lost my smurfs during the move ; I could not help because I was in hospital.
At least I guess that's how I lost my smurfs.

No big deal I was an adult by that time.
Although I frequently dreamed about my smurfs and looked for them all over the house, since I was not sure how or when they've got lost.
I had those dreams for 20 years :crazy:

Then I met my girlfriend 15 years ago and she had 4 smurfs from her childhood.
An indian smurfette, papa smurf christmas edition, the golden smurf and the miller smurf with the bank.
As they were different from height we kept them but never really gave them some special place in our home.

A few years ago a supermarket "Delhaize" started a collection with mini-smurfs in a box.
They were cute so I completed the collection.
Then I got in hospital for surgery and my girlfriend (which I married 2 years ago) gave me three smurfs as a present.
Not the usual figurines but the ones that were sold after the first movie of the smurfs.
Those ones and the little smurfs from the "Delhaize" box were the first we "exposed" in our house.
But the party really began almost 3 years ago when we moved in our own house :lol2:

In the neighbourhood we have a toy-store where they still sale the figurines.
Since then I occasionally get a smurf or two from my girlfriend, buy a smurf or two myself and got 2 smurfs from my mother this summer when she came back from her vacation in France.
Also the old smurfs of my girlfriend found their place between the others in my collection.

A little collection of 20 smurfs with those of the "Delhaize" box decorated a little space of our home.
Last week I bought 21 smurfs (from the '80) on internet from a nice person.
I call this person nice, because not only she didn't ask a fortune for them but when I got my package home I had a really nice surprise!
When I opened the package I did not see the smurfs but a beautiful plastic case from the '80, which I even don't find back on the internet.
In the case the smurfs laid in straw, just as if they were just born :smitten:

I had to expand the place where my smurfs "live" ; from one day to another they doubled in quantity.

It looks like I'll never let go this good old (?) smurf passion.
Even if there are some smurfs I still miss from my childhood, I'm happy with my smurf family right now.

So the next thing (and this is now) was to register myself on a forum where I can talk/read/look about & at smurfs.

Greets and I look forward to enjoy my membership on this forum.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:59 am
G'day from Melbourne Australia

It's always nice to read about people's beginnings with smurfs. A word of warning though once you have more than two smurfs you have started collection of smurfs! And you won't be able to stop.

All the best
Kath
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 pm
:welcome: I'm sure you'll fit right in her with us! :)

And great story, thanks for sharing! :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Midnight » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 pm
Thanks Kath and Cassie :D
Meanwhile I read a few other stories of members here and noticed I'm not the only person crazy for smurfs and over 40 years :)
I like to read those stories too.
About the warning Kath, I guess it came too late :lol3:
Postby Arno » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Hi, welcome.
Thank you to share your story, that is always interesting to know how people get attracted to smurf's collection / addiction.
Postby Midnight » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:39 pm
Thanks Arno :D
Postby Tojo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:37 pm
Welcome to the forum Midnight. That is a great story concerning those '80's smurfs you bought! I have slowed right down on buying smurfs due to other commitments but every day when I wake up I see all of my smiling smurfs in the bedroom & they make me happy.

Maybe you can visit one of the smurf fairs such as the one in Gent & then you will be able to meet other collectors - you will be amazed how many of us there are!!
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby Midnight » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:42 pm
Thank you Tojo :D

I went to the smurf fair in Gent this year for the first time and I'm already looking forward to the next one :)
Personally I can't afford all the smurfs I want, so it goes also "slow" for me to collect them.
But that's ok for me ; the less smurfs I own, the more smurfs I can "discover" and that gives me a good feeling each time I look for smurfs I'm feeling like a little child thinking :"that's a beauty I never saw before".
I keep mine in our living room because I want to see them everyday, just like you in your bedroom : it's a good idea.
Page 1 of 1

Login