Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby GoofyHobbie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 pm
Hello Maureen, Sgt. Papas, and everyone else who has preceeded me here at Blue Cavern,

My name is Dave and I go by the Username: GoofyHobbie at various websites across the Internet.

If any of you have ever visited Timeshare Users Group (TUG), you may recognize my Username, as I am very active there as a Moderator.

I recently re-kindled my toy hobby by getting involved with Lego this past summer. Prior to July, 2011, I had never touched a Lego element; but today, I literally have probably well over 50,000 pieces and I am just getting started. But, that is a story that will eventually be discussed at a Lego Forum.

Having retired back in 2000, I have remained pretty active with TUG and have simply enjoyed looking at my Smurfs from time to time.

Toy collecting has been an on-going passion since about 1982. Sometime between 1988 and 1995 I acquired a Smurf Farmhouse that apparently had been originally purchased in Germany. With that acquistion began my pursuit of Smurfs. Over the years I have acquired 132 different Smurfs and they have been prominently displayed in a large custom wooden display case with a glass front that hangs on a wall in my den.

Since 2005, I have not done anything with the Smurf portion of my hobby; but I have enjoyed having the roughly nine shelves full of Smurfs over the years. Until recently, I had no idea that there were so many avid fans of Smurfs.

Over time, I look forward to learning as much as I can about the hobby from you.

Sincerely,

Dave

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:28 pm
:welcome: to Blue Cavern, Dave :hiya:

Glad you found us and I am looking forward chatting with you on here....Would also love to see a picture of your smurf display...we are a nosy bunch and love pictures :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 am
Hi Dave

Welcome to this fantastic smurfforum !!!!
I am sure you will enjoy it here, and like Maureen writes..........we love pictures from smurf collections :-D

Tintin

Postby André » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am
Welcome to the forum, Dave!!!

:cheers: :welcome: :cheerz:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tojo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 am
Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum :cheers:

50,000 Lego pieces is a lot :shock:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
A very smurfy welcome Dave :wave2:

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm
Welcome to the forum Dave! :D

Postby Nivid » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:05 am
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave: :smurfwave:
Nivid :hiya:
Page 1 of 1

Login