Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby JamieD » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:58 am
Greetings! Thanks to Maureen, for getting my registration set up here. I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you. 8)

I loved The Smurfs as a child - was up at 6am every Saturday morning to watch. I had comic books, figurines, and even sheets for my twin bed (still have those). As I grew up, the figurines disappeared (moves, I'm sure - though I'm bummed about that now), and most everything I had then is gone now. Somewhere around the house I have a Smurf comic book I bought in France while visiting years ago, but I'm not sure where it is. *sigh* I love it though...and I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

In any case, all the new Smurfy stuff out with the release of the movie this year (which I thought was fabulous - we just watched it a week ago, and I *love* the animation/CGI they used), I've decided to start collecting again. I only wish I'd hung on to those figures I had way back when...of course the ones I want to re-purchase are the more expensive ones now (isn't that always the way it goes?). :-?

In any case, I've started my collection with two of the diorama-style boxed sets...the current movie set, and the 1970's set that has most of the first smurfs I ever owned in it. I'd planned to just take the smurfs out of the boxes...but now I've found I kind of like the scenes... *sigh*

I have a computer smurf (super smurf? Still learning the lingo & identities), and I've got Vanity smurf, Ghost smurf, Actress smurfette and the anniversary bottle smurf coming.

I also bought 5 plushes based on the movie - Brainy, Grumpy & Clumsy beanies, and the 11" plush Papa & Smurfette.

And that will have to do until next month - but my birthday is next week, so one never knows. ;)

I work as a web developer by day for local government, and by night, I'm a writer (several genres of fiction). Next up on my list of "must have" smurfs are Astro smurf, Poet Smurf, and a rollerskating Smurfette (all smurfs I had when I was young). I'd like to eventually have a complete set, though I can see myself hunting for variations as well.

I've got some time off this weekend, so I'm developing a blog to showcase some of my collections, including Smurfs (and to have a place for want lists, etc). I have to say, looking up at the cabinet and seeing little blue faces there is making me smile...and my husband's pretty amused by the whole thing too.

In any case, I'm long-winded, and have other spots here to explore. Thanks for letting me join - I look forward to some fun times here! :D

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:44 am
Welcome to Blue Cavern. This is by far the friendliest place on the internet. Everyone is very helpful and accepting of you no matter if your a casual fan or obsessed with Smurf varients. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Postby Tintin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:36 am
Hi

Welcome to this great forum.
I am sure you will have a great time here....... :cheers:

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:37 am
:welcome: to the forum...it's lovely to read your story..and yep the smurfs that come with accessories like the computer smurf are super smurfs :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:33 am
Welcome Jamie :cheers:

A lovely story & it will be interesting to hear how your collection develops :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:36 am
Welcome Jamie!! :-D :cheers:

I hope you will like it here and that you will get lots of smurfs on your Birthday!! :D :band:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby JamieD » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I spent a good deal of time last night reading through various forums...overload! But so much smurfy fun. :-)

Postby Nivid » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Nivid :hiya:

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm
Welcome to the forum, Jamie!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You will enjoy this forum!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby naish510 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 pm
Welcome Jamie !!!! :D :D :D

Postby smurfer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am
Welcome Jamie !! :D