Home of the Smurf Community

The place for new members to introduce themselves
Page 1 of 1
Postby Zackmak » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm
I'd like to do a formal introduction to the forum, even though I've been a member for a few months already. Blue Cavern with its members and valuable postings information have been amazing resources for my collecting! I've been active reading many threads, but have also been in contact with a few members, which have been great in helping me out with questions, etc.

Whenever my schedule allows, I'm now going to try posting and replying to threads, as I love the conversations and results that come from interacting.

Here in Canada, Smurfs are known by everyone at every age, but finding any product in retail stores the last 15 years or so has been a challenge. Even with the new items from Jakks the last couple years, only one or two retail stores carry the products, and of course, in very limited quantities, rarely restocking. And I live in a major city in Canada! But of course, if I want something 'Winnie the Pooh', all I have to do is turn my head and look. Doesn't matter if it's the toy, grocery or diaper aisle. HA HA. Maybe Disney should buy the Smurfs. They know about marketing.

My collection is mainly Schleich figures, and I only need about 50 more to complete the entire series. I love Smurf puzzles and artwork as well. Still waiting for an official complete Smurfs series DVD, like I'm sure we all are. Oh, and an annual North American Smurf convention. I know there's one in Europe I found out about last year, so I hope to make it there one day.

Anyways, that's it for now. Thanks for welcoming me into this community!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:44 pm
:welcome: to the forum.....you are defnitely correct about Disney and the smurfs...although people around me would say there are already enough smurfs in the stores...what do non smurfers know anyway :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:31 am
Welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

And I agree. More smurfs in the shops for everyone would be great!! :-D

Let´s hope the smurfmovies 1 and 2 will change the current situation in the shops?? And make them more populair! :D

Personally I think the sportsmurfs for the olympics and that they now makes 10 new ones is a great start!
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tintin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:43 am
Hi

Welcome to the best smurf forum there is !!!!!
I am sure you will like it here ......

Tintin

Postby Lia » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:09 am
Hi Zack!

Welcome !! :welcome:

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 am
Hi, Zack...Welcome here!!!Don`t hesitate in sharing with us your collection or in asking us what you need
JOAQUÍN

Postby Benny » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:54 am
Hi Zack!!! :welcome: in the Bluecavern Community :cheers:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:07 am
:welcome: Zack and enjoy yourself on the smurfiest board on the net. :D

Postby bwalters » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:26 am
:welcome: Hi Zack; Glad to have you here. I was thinking about Adding The disney characters to my collection, that thought lasted about 5 seconds. :) :) I don't think there is enough room in my yard to hold all the things that disney has out there.
Mr Bill

Postby Zackmak » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 am
Thanks for the welcoming, everyone! I have spoken to a few of you individually already, and I also recognize the other members because I see them quite often when I read posts on the forum. Nice to see the 'big' names interacting with me :)

I actually will start my first post soon, and it will be regarding asking questions on the smurf comics published in North America.

Thanks again!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login