Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 5
Postby Rachel » Tue May 08, 2007 12:46 pm
Hi all :wave2:

For many years I have wanted to have a go at making some scenery and have finally made a start after being totally inspired by the scenery I recently bought.

The new project is going to be much larger, 6' x 4' and *hopefully* when finished will comprise of different areas of the smurf village including a mountain, river, pond, a place for Gargie's castle and also a section of volcano for the Astro set.

Because of the scale of the project it is going to take a while to complete but I thought I would keep you updated as to why I haven't been around on here as much as I would like, especially on the weekends. :-D

The scenery will be set out on 6 2'x 2' boards to make it easier to move because of the weight and after three weekends we have just about got all the main hills and raised areas cut out. Next job will be to "sculpt" all the cliff faces to make it look more realistic and then we can glue everything down. There is still an awful lot to do before we can even start to think about painting it but it is starting to take shape now.

Once finished, I don't think I'll be able to have it all set up permanently like the other one because of the size and I haven't actually worked out a way of storing it yet but we will work out something I'm sure.

This is going to be a long process so updates may be slow but I thought some of you might like to see what we have done so far. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 pm
I like the idea Rachel & am really looking forward to following the progress. I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful diorama :-D

It'd be great fun playing smurfies on it too :D Can we all come to play when it's finished?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 2:29 pm
:shock:

I knew you were up to something, but this is really amazing ! Cant wait to see it progress Rachel ! Work your butt off to get it done ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 08, 2007 5:40 pm
Oh Rachel, it will be a great display :D .....you have come a long way already :winks:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue May 08, 2007 6:01 pm
That looks great what you have done so far 8)
I'm looking forward to seeing regular updates :winks:

Rachel the room you have this display in looks nice.
I like your windows and you have a nice view out to the garden I bet :D
Oh, and you have the same colour carpet as me.
Sorry, back to the display :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 08, 2007 6:41 pm
Sounds very impressive Rachel and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Just a question though....I cannot figure out where that room is in your house as I do not remember any room like that with those doors.....please help cos my brain will hurt if you do not explain this to me.

Thank you

Dyar Dyar brain on fire

Postby FlamingO » Wed May 09, 2007 1:17 am
Good Luck with it Rachel :D

Looks like its going to be loads of fun to make :-D Can't wait to see how it progresses 8)

Conservatory, Dyar ? :-?

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed May 09, 2007 2:52 am
Oh Rachel,

wish I had as much space as you have. :) You are always working hard for your cuties, I bet, they must be pleased to have such a "smurf mummy" like you. :worship: :D

Postby Rachel » Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 am
Thank You guys. :cheers:

I have been so excited planning this and getting all the materials to make a start I just couldnt wait to share it with you lot. :lol:

Yes Dyar, it is in the conservatory. It won't be in there permantly but it makes sense while we are doing the big cutting jobs as this is messy and needs to be done downstairs. :-D

This did start out as a much smaller project. Originally we were going to try and just recreate one or two of the playmats but then the ideas just kept coming and another area was added, then another and eventually we thought we might as well just go fo it. Now the playmats have just about been scrapped and the village has taken on a life of it's own. :D

Postby Michelle » Wed May 09, 2007 12:29 pm
ohoh,

Do you still have room for all those beauty's????
Or do you have a secret smurfroom? :D

Oh I really want to see all this.....

When will we meet eachother?
Michelle

Postby Rachel » Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 pm
Michelle, you are welcome to visit when ever you like, it would be lovely to see you. :-D

Next weekend maybe?? :fingersx:

Postby naish510 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 pm
Is it possible that i can come with Michelle???
Please Michelle??????

It's so great Rachel that you have the inspiration to make this beautiful Scenery! How do you do that?????

I will watch for more pics in the future !!! :cheers:

Postby Rachel » Thu May 10, 2007 1:00 am
Christy, you know you would always be more than welcome any time too. :cheers:

I think I can see a car trip coming up soon. You two would be like Thelma and Louise. :driver: :cheerz:

Postby naish510 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 am
Christy, you know you would always be more than welcome any time too. :cheers:

I think I can see a car trip coming up soon. You two would be like Thelma and Louise. :driver: :cheerz:

Thanks Rachel, maybe Michelle and me will come ....
But not as Thelma and Louise but more as Patsy and Edina !!! Sweet Darling :cheers: :)

Postby Rachel » Thu May 10, 2007 10:36 am
But not as Thelma and Louise but more as Patsy and Edina !!! Sweet Darling
:haha:

Now THAT would make it perfect!!! :joy:

Come on girls, what are you waiting for. :hi5:

Postby Michelle » Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm
For a few days off at work? :-D

Michelle

Postby Tojo » Fri May 11, 2007 9:00 am
Rachel, I just looked at the photos again & was wondering whether those curved blocks are going to be the dam.

In the latest German Smurf Mag which came out yesterday there is a very nice poster of the dam. If you like I could take a piccy of it to help with inspiration.

Postby Rachel » Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 am
Hi Tojo, no the curved bit is hopefully boing to be the edge of a volcano so to give the impression of seeing part of the inside from one angle and seeing the outside wall of the volcano from the rest of the village. It hasn't been shaped at all yet hence why it looks a bit strange. :lol:

We were (still are) thinking about putting a very little dam at the other end of the village where the river will turn into the sea but this may not work, we shalll have to see.

Thanks for the offer but I have already got a couple of great pics from the comics (I have even read a few stories now :-D ) and also from one of the playmats. :thanks2:

If we don't incorperate the dam this time around, that could well end up as another future project though. I may even go for the pink dam. :winks:

Postby Tojo » Fri May 11, 2007 10:20 am
the pink dam :-? was smurfette having one of her creative phases?

now you mention the volcano I remember you looking for pictures of it. I should have guessed that that was what you were building :o silly me

Postby Rachel » Fri May 11, 2007 3:31 pm
the pink dam was smurfette having one of her creative phases?
I read the "The Smurfette" book a couple of nights ago and discovered smurfette had the smurfs paint the dam pink because she thought it would look better! See, I have been reading the stories. :lol:
Page 1 of 5

Login