Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 4 of 5

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:11 pm
OMG :shock: :shock:

Looking better and better each time Rach......do you do orders for poor untalented smurfers?

GOOD JOB !!!!

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:35 pm
Apologies for the lack of updates guys but I promise, I have been working hard hence why I have been a bit quiet on here lately.

I have been painting all afternoon (whilst watching the Diana concert) and have only just finished a few minutes ago so I will have to take a few pics tomorrow in the light. The main base colours are now done but there is still a fair bit of work to be done on the painting and flocking side as well as the waterfall and the snowy cliffs.

I will leave you with a pic of what the village looked like this morning and post a few updated pics in the next few days. :D

:relieved:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:40 pm
:shock:

It is looking very sexy indeed Rachel, you are doing a great job :clap: :clap:

:-D :beer:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm
It's looking beautiful, Rachel 8) :winks:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:28 pm
Simply amazing Rach :D

It would be fun to set the smurfs up in this type of a diorama

What does Rich think? I can imagine him just having a chuckle every time he sees this :)

Dyar

PS - The concert for Diana is on our tv tonight and I will record the best audio bits on cd. I can send/email you some of it if you would like a copy Rach?

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:22 am
Very nice Rachel!!! Can't wait to see it invaded with little blue men!!! :):):)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 pm
Thanks guys, now I am getting to the really fun bit. :joy:

As I mentioned, I spent hours yesterday painting the base coat of the cliffs and walls. Well this evening I have made a start on the next colour of paint. The smaller cliffs and the walls are done and I am hoping to get to the bigger mountain cliffs tomorrow. There is still another layer of paint to go but it gives you an idea. :-D

The first two pics are with just the base coat on from yesterday. The second two pics have had another layer of paint added. :D
What does Rich think? I can imagine him just having a chuckle every time he sees this
Yes, he does chuckle although he has just about got fed up of our kitchen table full of bits and pieces and tripping over the village every time he goes in the conservatory. Fairplay though, he has been as good as gold and even helped me cut some of the wooden bases if I have been in danger of cutting my fingers off. :lol:

PS - The concert for Diana is on our tv tonight and I will record the best audio bits on cd. I can send/email you some of it if you would like a copy Rach?
Oooh, yes please. :cheek:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:19 pm
The tunnel looks great Rach, it's hard to put into words how cool this really looks.

I only recorded 2 songs from the concert (Your Song & The Wild Boys) cos they were the only acts that I liked. However I can send you a copy along with some other stuff to fill up the cd :D

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:32 pm
I really like the mountain and the tunnels also.... :D :-D I wish I had your talent, Rachel...but I am very talented at looking at the pictures and enjoying them :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby ctsmurf910 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:13 pm
?That's a good job. How long have you been making it?

Postby FlamingO » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 pm
Wow! Its looking fantastic Rachel, the mountain is beautiful :D

Can't wait to see it with all the smurfs in place :-D

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:07 am
Excellent Job Rach..looks fantastic :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Michelle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:47 am
Great to see how everything is changing in a real village!
Congrats, Rachel!

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:20 pm
Wow. :shock: I have only just seen this. It looks fabulous, Rachel. :D

Have you used Styrofoam for the mountains? I was trying to figure out what it was. It didn't look white enough to be styrofoam.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the astro playset.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Kristy Smurf » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:47 pm
good work it so pretty Rachel
:carrots: :no: Kristy :yes: :dancing:

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 am
Thanks guys. :thanks2:
Have you used Styrofoam for the mountains? I was trying to figure out what it was. It didn't look white enough to be styrofoam.
Hi Linda, yes it's a high density styrofoam that is used for insulation. It's actually pink in colour but hopefully none of that will be showing now. :-D
That's a good job. How long have you been making it?
Thanks CT. I think so far it has take a little over 2 months. :D

Quick update. I managed to finish off painting the cliffs last week (just haven't had time to take pics) so here are a few new ones showing where we are at. I can just about see the end in sight and with the school hoildays very close now, I am really hoping to get the village finished in the next few weeks. :fingersx:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:59 am
WOW, Rach, that detail is amazing!! Can you be hired out, say, to work in Delaware for a little bit :smile:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:31 pm
It is looking better with each picture, Rachel :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:09 pm
You may have a trip to Sydney too Rach...it's amazing

:D :D :D :D :D 5 thumbs up from me :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:10 pm
Thanks, Rachel. Its always interesting to know what people use for their displays. The colour threw me off a bit. It should be nice and light then which is always a bonus. I really like how you've carved away the sides. It looks fantastic.
:star: LINDA :star:
Page 4 of 5

Login