Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 2 of 5

Postby Oprime » Sat May 12, 2007 12:40 am
Oh man, that is going to be so excellent :-D Good luck with the project!

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Thu May 17, 2007 3:06 pm
Quick update on how the village is going. :D

We made a start on painting some of the undercoats on the weekend. This isn't the final look, there will be a few more layers of paint to go and a lot more texture to add. I spent a couple of hours this evening glueing little bits of cork to the board and practicing my painting on some walls. A long way yo go yet but it is GREAT fun. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu May 17, 2007 5:44 pm
I love those updated pictures, Rachel.....it already looks great, and the end result must be breathtaking :clap:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Thu May 17, 2007 7:37 pm
Oh the village is shaping up now :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 pm
Looking good, Rachel :winks:
Keep us updated if you can :D
It'll be nice to see your progress bit by bit :yes:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri May 18, 2007 1:29 am
Oh wow Rachel!!!

I love your displays!!! :smitten: :worship: If only I had so much space for my cuties. :(

Postby Oprime » Fri May 18, 2007 11:56 am
Are you planning to assemble the whole thing in the livingroom and leave it there? I'd get my butt kicked if I even thought about it I think :) Its going to be wonderful. And huge!

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Fri May 18, 2007 3:18 pm
Thanks guys, there has been an alteration to the overall design but I will tell you about that when the final details are sorted. :-D
Are you planning to assemble the whole thing in the livingroom and leave it there? I'd get my butt kicked if I even thought about it I think Its going to be wonderful. And huge!
Thanks Pauli. :D

No, it won't be set up permanantly anywhere, well certainly not in the living room. One of the reasons we decided to make it in sections was so that parts of it can be kept on display and other bits can be stored easily. It can be set up on the smurf room floor but for now, whilst it is being built it is easier to keep it downstairs. So far I have got away with it being set up in the conservatory for a couple of weeks but I am not sure how long that will last. :lol:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri May 18, 2007 8:59 pm
That is looking impressive Rachel.......keep Kenny & Kyle away from this though. I saw what one of them can do to an empty plastic bottle of girl pop :shock:

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon May 21, 2007 1:27 pm
Big changes on the smurf village front. We decided to make a few alterations to the overall design. I really want to make a lunar / volcano scene for the moon playset but felt that it would be better as a stand alone scene. Also I wanted a bigger pond and wasn't happy with the cramped house / pond area so with a bit of teaking, we have lost the coastline and volcano (for now), moved things around a bit, started making a bigger pond and moved the spiral hill to where the windmill area is. :-D

keep Kenny & Kyle away from this though. I saw what one of them can do to an empty plastic bottle of girl pop
LOL! :lol3:

That will be Kyle and his plastic bottle hobby! :lol:

Postby Guest » Mon May 21, 2007 2:30 pm
Looking good Mrs W ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon May 21, 2007 9:32 pm
I wish I had talent :(

I agree Rach...looking very good indeed

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 pm
Hi guys :wave2:

Firstly I must apologise as I have been a bit quite the last week or so. Work has been very busy of late and we have been decorating our spare bedroom (ready for a few smurfy visits :winks: ) but also I have been carrying on with the smurf village whenever I have had a chance. Progess has been a bit slower than I had hoped and I have learnt the hard way not to try doing too much after drinking lots of refreshingly cold cider, epsecially flocking but we are slowly getting there.

The pond (bottom middle board) is the next job and then we are going to have fun with the cliffs and mountian but for now we have just about finished the areas for the farm and the houses. There is a little bit of finishing off work for the path and some walls and plants to add but here are a few more updated pics.

Also, I finally got around to ordering a Schleich tree which can be seen near the farm. I was very pleasantly suprised when it arrived as I think it works well with the other smurf items. I will certainly be ordering a fe more of these soon. :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 pm
Looking good, Rach :D
(ready for a few smurfy visits :winks: )
Is there a waiting list for your room or is it first come, first served? :) :) If it's the latter, I'll see you this week :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:51 pm
Oh wow!! After being away from the forum for the last 3 weeks I'm amazed at how much your model has developed. It's really looking quite impressive already & I'm looking forward to seeing everything progressing :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:06 pm
I really like how it is coming along, Rachel :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:31 pm
Wow looking realy good so far rachel :-D What have you used for the grass and dirt efect as it looks great?? As I am still looking into what to cover the floor with for my village in the future. :D
I have been busy making stuff too i will post about that soon. :D As for now im
looking forward to seeing more progress on your set up.
:D
Smurfy regards
Steve. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 pm
Looking great, Rachel :D
That Schleich tree does fit in well, doesn't it ! 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:58 pm
That is looking better and better and more amazing each time I see the updates......very professional job Webby :D

Nice to see how the tree fits in for size......if I ever get back into displaying them then I think these would be a must.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:49 am
Thanks guys. :-D

I have spent the last couple of days making walls and other bits and pieces, hopefully I will get onto the pond this week too. :D
Is there a waiting list for your room or is it first come, first served? If it's the latter, I'll see you this week
Stace, you have just been moved to the front of the list. :winks:
Page 2 of 5

Login