Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 4
Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:07 am
Hi guys, as I mentioned I have been working on a little project. :winks:

I have always wanted to have a go at making some scenery similar to that used in the Schleich posters and for railway models. Whilst looking into this and starting to get prepared I discovered a lovely chap who makes terrains for war games and after a bit of pursuasion, he agreed to make me something for smurfs.

The idea was to have something that looked similar to the old National poster with a tree stump in the middle and a lake or pond of some sort. When the scenery arrived today I just couldn't believe what a great job he has done. My first project was to try and recreate the poster as best I could using the same smurfs.

I have loads of other ideas for various scenes I am going to try and I still intend make some scenery of my own too but here are the empty boards to start with, the poster that the boards were designed on and my own version.

I will post a few more close ups later. :-D

Here are the empty boards. :smile:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:11 am
wow...that looks fabulous. :shock: :shock: I love seeing smurfs in scenes. They just look like thats where they belong.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:12 am
Beautiful Rach!!! :D

Everyone is being so creative lately!!! I think I need to get cracking and start to make stuff!!!

Thanks for showing us your creation rach!!! :cheers:
ChunkMasterMC :music:

Postby Pitufo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:31 am
Really beautiful!!!!!!! :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2: The scenes are lovely, and I would say it is better than poster´s one!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PS:Time ago, when I did scnes, I always put superman on the roof of the orange large house :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 am
Rachel, your scenes are excellent ! 8)

Very Smurfy :clap2:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:45 am
Wow Rachel,

your displays are very beautiful!!! :love: :D :clap: :cheers:

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:08 am
Thanks for the lovely comments guys. :cheerz:

I have been so excited the last few days waiting for the boards to arrive, it has almost killed me, well at least, almost driven Richard nuts. :lol:

I am going to have more of a play this evening but for now, here are a few more close ups of the poster scene. :-D
Postby jrparadine » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:37 am
Rachel,
This set is absolutly wonderful. Its just like the pic. I had two Pics that came in supersmurfs when I was little, One was made up like a Sports arena on a hill top, the other was another set with a couple of hoses a mushroom and I tink a forest! and of course lots of smurfs! Over the years I have lost them, But you pics look like What I remember them to be!

Absolutely Fantabulous!

Jonathan!
JOnathan

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 am
Somebody has had a nice day today ! :) :)

Thank God it arrived ! The Post Office can rest in peace now knowing their postman wont be in danger of the threat of getting beat up

:) :)

It looks fantastic Rachel ! Well worth it ! :smitten:

Have fun me dear :D

:-D :beer:

Postby smurfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:19 pm
Wauuwww , Great pic's Rachel !!!!!
It's amazing , beautiful !!!! :love:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:20 pm
That is when you put your mind and effort into achieving something then i always know it will turn out better than excellent. The guy did a great job on the display and you have added the smurfs in such a nice way too.

That is one very special smurf piece in your collection now Rach.....I love it :D

Dyar

Postby southernyacht » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:30 pm
Love the new scenery Rachel - you're soooo lucky! :D :-D

Love the super smurf on the chimney :)

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 pm
Thanks guys. :cheers:

I really am in smurf heaven playing like this, it is just so much fun. :carrots:
The guy did a great job on the display
I totally agree Dyar, far better than I could have ever hoped for or made myself! :)
Thank God it arrived ! The Post Office can rest in peace now knowing their postman wont be in danger of the threat of getting beat up
Your not wrong there Gray. I was getting a bit frantic by late this morning as I have been expecting them to have been delivered from Thursday onwards. :!:

This set is absolutly wonderful. Its just like the pic. I had two Pics that came in supersmurfs when I was little, One was made up like a Sports arena on a hill top, the other was another set with a couple of hoses a mushroom and I tink a forest! and of course lots of smurfs! Over the years I have lost them, But you pics look like What I remember them to be!
Thanks Jonathan, I have closely studied my posters for years now hoping and wishing to achieve something similar one day. This past week or two I have even been studying them in bed, I have driven hubby nuts! :lol:

I decided whilst I had the "poster" set up I would try an alternative one using variations where possible.

Here is what it looked like. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:50 pm
it looks absolutly beautiful, Rachel....No wonder you are so excited :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby aussiesmurfer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:40 pm
Wow Rachel no wonder you were excited to get these! They are a great way to make a super smurfy display!

I am inspired! Wonder if Dave will notice if I "borrow" some of his model railway scenery grass and bits? :lol:
Trish :wave2:

Postby Rachel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:10 am
I am inspired! Wonder if Dave will notice if I "borrow" some of his model railway scenery grass and bits?
Go for it Trish. :-D

I have had a quick play this morning as I am supposed to be decorating a bedroom. As soon as I saw the rapids, I just has to let the canoe smurfs loose. :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:21 am
I am inspired! Wonder if Dave will notice if I "borrow" some of his model railway scenery grass and bits?
Go for it Trish. :-D

I have had a quick play this morning as I am supposed to be decorating a bedroom. As soon as I saw the rapids, I just has to let the canoe smurfs loose. :D
Awwwwww I'm melting. :smitten: Btw. Manni felt for the canoe at Passion, but he couldn't give in... .

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:39 am
That does it Rachel.....I am coming back to Swansea to play smurfs with your new scenery.

Actually Christy's Dad mentioned something about us sailing across to Swansea on the ship from Belgium so we could drop in and see you.....I just couldn't convince Christy that going by boat was a good idea though. However we would love to drop in one day even if we fly across or maybe if Dad and me kidnap Christy on the boat

.....hmm, me thinks that last idea will never happen.....she is a lot stronger than she looks and she knows all about the most affective pressure points to stop a male from doing almost anything. So far I have not been brave enough to test this and I doubt I ever will as I am quite attached to certain pressure points.....I would like to keep them attached too. Regardless.....someday I would like to come back to Swansea and do it all again......better warn Richard though :) :)

Dyar

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:37 pm
WoW! :-D Everything looks great. It looks like the perfect natural setting for your Smurfs. They look so happy. :)

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:15 am
Wow! :shock: :cheers:

What a great landscape! I like your idea of the poster! :-D

I think we should have a special section somewhere in the gallery where we should put everyone's pictures: The quality of everyone's creations is fantastic! Well done!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 4

Login