Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rachel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:50 pm
Hi guys,

after spending the morning working instead of smurfing it at the Passion and then the afternoon in the garden and washing my car (don't worry, Graham has already given me a row :lol: ) I thought I would give myself a bit of smurfing time so made up a bit of a village. :-D

It was a bit of a rushed job and I really do intend to have a go at making some decent scenery soon but I thought I would have a play with what I had already. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:16 pm
You've done a great job there Rachel, I really like it. Those big logs are excellent :D Are they original smurf items? The background scenery is fantastic as well. I wish Schleich would sell them along with those old play mats as they look soooooo good :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:23 pm
Looks like you have been having a little play there Rach. Your village looks very nice and very tasteful too.....but what are they drinking in those large orange jugs on the table?

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 pm
Your village looks great, Rachel :D
That playmat is pretty cool, looks so much better than having just a bench !
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:56 pm
I think you should play smurfs more often Rachel!

Very nice. :D
Trish :wave2:

Postby mrssamwisegamgee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:33 am
Your play scene looks great Rachel, very smurfy and picturesque.... :D

I really like the scenes and villages set out as if it were straight out of the cartoons..... :D

TTFN
Kim
I made a promise mr frodo, a promise to keep on smurfing!

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:14 am
Excellent job Rachel, i am sure we can turn you into a model village maker with ease because this looks great :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Michelle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 am
That's a very nice village with very nice smurfs in it, Rachel!
Were the smurfs happy when you told them you will build a new village for them?

Michelle

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:24 am
Thanks guys, it was fun and something I hope to do a bit more often in the future. :-D
Those big logs are excellent Are they original smurf items?
Hi Tojo, nope, not smurf items. They are in fact aquarium display items. I bought a few of these a while back as I thought they looked very realistic and great with the little blue guys. :D

Postby smurfer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:21 am
That's a great village Rachel !! :D
It looks wonderfull :razz:

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:03 pm
Luuuuvvvvvely Rachel!!!!

:):):)
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:56 pm
Thanks Ron & David. :tiphat:

I did have a little play with the tree stump set on Sunday evening as well but didn't use any of the nice accessories such as the mushrooms and the plants which I regret a little now as I think it looks a little bare but doing this has given me some great ideas for the next project so I shall keep you informed. . :-D

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:14 pm
Lovely pictures Rachel :D

Postby DrunkSmurf » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:18 pm
Great pictures!

However, the lawyer* in me objects to the use of the term "play" for Rachael's activity. She was "arranging". "Positioning for display" is also an acceptable term. "Playing" necessitates some manner of mock communication between the figurines. The figurines must also be manipulated in such a way that a narrative (unscripted, or otherwise) is enacted.

The distinction is important because "adult play" is like such a 90s thing, dude. "Work hard, play hard" means "yeah, I lived through the DOTCOM bubble and thought I was one real cool guy at the time. Still do."

Whenever adults start playing I get the f*ck out, because it usually means the testosterone starts pumping and the beach volleyball comes out. I just don't understand how such a sissy game like Volleyball became a dotcom icon. I guess maybe it didn't, but tell that to the guys I worked for in Chicago in 2000. They were so pumped that once they forgot their rackets on our mandatory trip to the gym and played using their hard-ons instead. It was very weird and very freaky. For once, I didn't mind them ostracizing me for being soft.

===============
* what the hell ? Maybe I mean "barrister"

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:43 am
:) :) :)

I think i'm just glad you did'nt join in the volleyball Tim ! :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 am
:haha: @ Tim :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Rachel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:35 pm
@ Tim

To quote Tojo from the other day " :haha: x10"
However, the lawyer* in me objects to the use of the term "play" for Rachael's activity. She was "arranging". "Positioning for display" is also an acceptable term. "Playing" necessitates some manner of mock communication between the figurines. The figurines must also be manipulated in such a way that a narrative (unscripted, or otherwise) is enacted.
Well technically I was playing then because in between each of the pics, the smurfs were (well me really) talking to each other and acting out different episodes of well know soaps such as Neighbours, Eastenders and of course Baywatch.

Cannot you not see the swimming trunks?? :streamer:

Harold in the coffee bar was an earlier scene. :winks:

Oh, by the way, if you do make it to Us trud gun lice, we don't do volleyball, we do rugby! :yes:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:09 pm
Your pictures look great! :) They are so bright and colorful. I love the background you have and your Smurf stump :adore: Nice Job Rachel!

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:20 am
Thanks Christine. :hug:

It is something I really enjoy doing as it is great fun. :-D
Page 1 of 1

Login