Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 2 of 2

Postby steveparkes » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:35 am
WOW Pauli they look even better on your website :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Oprime » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:09 am
WOW Pauli they look even better on your website :D
I had a proper camera for once ;) The pictures stained a bit yellow because of the lights, but I like them this way - warm and cosy :).

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:26 am
oh drool...its like being in a toy store. They do look fabulous on your site, Pauli. :D Even Mr Bunno was very impressed. He hates how unorganised I am.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:04 am
They look excellent Pauli :D

I have mine in cabinets but not that they would house that many smurfs 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:06 am
The page and the displays look really great Pauli

It just looks so neat and well organised compared to the jungle my smurfs are creating. I would love to have something like you have to display my collection.

Dyar

Postby Oprime » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:34 pm
...compared to the jungle my smurfs are creating.
Well, the collection of this size can be quite easily fitted on one wall, but when the head-count is running at thousands you either need a much bigger wall, or go for the jungle model. Or the drawer/cupboard model. ;) I have built these displays one by one, so it never felt like a big task. But if I had to build 10 cabinets at a time to fit everything in, I'd probably end up going to the local bar for a pint or two instead (to plan what to do with my jungle) :)

P
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Hi Pauli, the pics on your site are just wonderful and show off just how nice your shelves and collection are. :-D

I can sit and look for hours at different collections but your was just a pleasure to drool over. :clap:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:04 am
Wow! Your pictures came out great. Those shelves are perfect for displaying your awesome collection. Nice job! :yay:

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:37 am
Well Pauli,
I have to say i like those shelves a lot. And ofcourse all of your smurfs and houses... :dawave:
Congrats with your collection!

Michelle

Postby Oprime » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:32 am
Thanks! I've been trying to find suitable lights for the cabinets, inside the top shelves and outside pointing down to the cabinets below, but haven't figured out exactly what I want yet. All the candidates seem to be either too large, too expensive or to generate too much heat. And many systems require a lot of effort to get the lights plus all the cords etc in place neatly. Some cordless led system would be nice :-D . If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know :D

P
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Pitufo » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:00 pm
Thanks! I've been trying to find suitable lights for the cabinets, inside the top shelves and outside pointing down to the cabinets below, but haven't figured out exactly what I want yet. All the candidates seem to be either too large, too expensive or to generate too much heat
Hi, Pauli!!!!!!I am exactly at the same point: looking for lights to my cabinets/shelves...It is a hard decission!!!!!!!!! :) :) very nice your shelves!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 am
Pauli,

Great pics. Those shelves really dispolay your collection well. - Idea stored!!
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Oprime » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:53 am
I am exactly at the same point: looking for lights to my cabinets/shelves...
Just got 8 tiny LED spot lights installed in place, woooohooooo! These don't light up the whole room, but generate a nice dim feeling when other lights are off (like a toy store after closing hours :) ). These were a safe bet as I wanted to make sure not to burn the Smurfs in the top shelves. Plus I like the fact that they are very small, almost unnoticeable when turned off. I'll post some pictures after all the cords are in place.

P
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:33 pm
Sounds like you have a nice set up there Pauli. I shall look forward to seeing the pics. :-D

Lighting is important and has caused me some problems in the past. I decided to try lighting our super smurf cabinet with the push on/off lights that look like small domes. I mentioned this to my parents as a Christmas pressie and waited till Christmas morning to see what the cabinet would look like. Unfortunately, my parents in their madness got confused and ended up being me underwater bath lights that change colour!

Not very good at displaying my smurfs but great for a disco! :)

Yours sound a bit better. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 2 of 2

Login