Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:34 pm
I'm looking into buying the scenery Hornby sell with their model railways, like the grass mats and things. I'm also looking into getting tree stumps after Rachel has given me some ideas. Will keep you posted! :cheers:

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:46 pm
Karen is referring to a little something I got Today. Forgive the pic as all my smurfs are packed up right now, I only had a few really rubbed smurfs hanging around ready for a re-paint.

What do you think? :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:23 am
Looks great, Rachel. I guess on a rugged tree stump like that, you could even out some bits (more or less hidden), so that you can stand a Smurf on it so it looks like it stands on the tree, but he has an even footing nonetheless. Like with the dragonflyer, you don't see what he stands on, so you could level that part somehow to make it easier to stand a Smurf upon it.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:56 am
I love that tree stump! It looks really cool!

Let us know what you find Karen!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:00 am
I'm looking into buying the scenery Hornby sell with their model railways, like the grass mats and things. I'm also looking into getting tree stumps after Rachel has given me some ideas. Will keep you posted! :cheers:
Karen do you mean like Thomas the Tank Engine scenery ?

Rachel i like your tree stump :D

Raelene

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:17 am
Hornby has some great stuff. Phil has bought some Hornby scenery for his model railways. I wanted him to buy me some of that latex stuff when we were at the model shop but he bought some little electronic gizmo instead. You can use it to make moulds of real rocks/branches etc. It just peels off apparently and then you pour Plaster of Paris in.

I was looking at the little rocks/pebbles they had at the model shop also. They were about $15 for a 100g packet. I saw the same thing at Bunnings Warehouse in larger packets (1kg) for about $10 I think?? We bought a whole stack anyway. They come in lots of different colours. So if anyone from Australia is looking for cheap pebbles for their display try there.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:03 am
Well someone just gave me another contact for getting this model stuff so will let you know how I get on! :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:59 am
Sounds great Karen. I will have to dismantle my display to make a better version as I have never liked my one and I will be looking at adding more dynamics to the village so I am very interested to see what you find.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login