Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Attached are photos of a first go at my post-Christmas village. This one isn't terribly inspired, though a pair of Judo Smurfs saved the village from being completely Ho-Hum-Burg.

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:08 pm
wowo nice party!!! and pics!!

what a lot of greatsmurfs too! and that beer barrel!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:33 pm
The beer barrel is from an Asterix the Gaul playset. Unfortunately, except for Asterix and the beer barrel, I'm not sure where the rest of the playset went. The Asterix toys were really cool (dare I say "bully"? :o ), though pricey. I saved up for about three months (I was twelve) for a special "Gaul Feast" which came with about five figures and a dinner layout. Back then it cost about $20-$40 which was pricey. The plastic was a bit low quality (of course, so was smurf plastic then--super smurfs today are really made well!). The Asterix toys were great though. I would have bought more, except they disappeared from market after my buy.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:33 pm
thanks!

that barrel is a great prop.. it would be nice to find more of those astrix items you menion!

sounds great that you saved up for them things too!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:21 am
Andrew from Toydreamer sells the Asterix figures on his website. No playsets that I can see though.

http://www.toydreamer.com.au/
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:07 pm
Andrew's are much nicer figures than the plastic ones of the 1980s. The plastic ones were poseable ("action figures"), but in most cases their mobility was so limited (arms and head), they might as well have been crafted as detailed PVC statuettes.

Thanks for the link. Surprisingly, Asterix hasn't made much headway in the states, except for the French-language comic books which are available at the University bookstores.

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:07 pm
Fabulous smurf village Tim, I love the way you have set up the smaller scenes within the main village. Very artistic. :mosh:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:07 am
Thanks for the link. Surprisingly, Asterix hasn't made much headway in the states, except for the French-language comic books which are available at the University bookstores.
No worries. We get the comic books here too but they are in English. we'd always fight over them in the library at school...I don't think anyone actually bought them. Most school libararies still have them. We also used to get Tintin ones.

Oh yeah, nice display too :) (oops forgot about that!)
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Tojo » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:47 pm
I love the Asterix books. I've got one in French (which I can't read at all well), 2 in English, 27 in German (4 are still missing) & 7 in the German dialect spoken around Frankfurt. These last 7 are very funny as the text is much funnier than the original.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:34 am
We get the comic books here too but they are in English. we'd always fight over them in the library at school...I don't think anyone actually bought them. Most school libararies still have them. We also used to get Tintin ones.
LOL...that brings back memories about fighting over the Asterix comics when I was about 7 or 8 years old at school as they were so popular back then. I remember pretending to be sick one day just so I could sit on the sick bed and read an Asterix comic.....and a little Green Eggs and Ham of course.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:26 pm
:) :) :) sorry, to be posting in this old thread, :) :)

I love Asterix, too.....they were about the only German "books" I brought over here... :D :-D

And I also remember staying home sick from school and being surrounded by the Asterix books and having a good ol' time. :) :) :)

I actually like the German version better than the English version :shock: (have forgotten enough French not to understand the French version :) )
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login