Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:33 am
Hi,
I've been trying out a technique I found in an art book. This was relatively easy and I think it looks good. Also involves no painting.

I used plasticine to make the mushroom and then coated it with PVA glue. The glue makes it glossy and also harder. I have only applied 2 layers of glue to this one so far. i think the more you put on the harder it would get (which would help it from being squished.)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:16 am
It looks like a sore willy :shock:

Did I say that out aloud?

Seriously that's a cool idea Linda. Pefect for making a smurf village as you could make lots of them and have them all over the place. :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:25 am
It looks like a sore willy :shock: :D
Some of Karen's Spotted Dick? (was it Karen???)

Linda

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:23 am
Not sure about the creamy topping :yikes:

Prefer mine with custard :)

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:18 am
ACK my ears my ears :o LOL!!
(I thought it was spotted dick too for a second there)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:08 pm
Yes this is a cool way to make extra bits for your village i have done this in the past and it worked out really well. Another way to do it is use femo modeling clay its like plasticene but once you have made it you can cook it in the oven and it will go solid and then you can varnish it and it will last forever! Well i think it will? But i havent been around forever to find out. :) :)
Smurfy regards, Steve.

P.S Cool mushroom though very soon you will have a mushroom plantation. :D :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:59 pm
Yeah Fimo is good. The lot I used once was very hard and took forever to soften up enough to model. So that really frustrated me.

You could also use some stuff called Das. (I don't know if it's available in other countries) It's an airdry clay. You can buy it at Jacksons (art supply place) or Bunnings. It comes in white and Terracotta. You'd have to paint it, but no baking. I varnish it with PVA glue when it's dry.

You could also use Crayola Model Magic. It comes in white, red, blue and yellow. (and black???? not sure) That dries in air and its extremely lightweight. Feels like marshmallow. It can be painted also, though for some reason the purple paint seems to eat through it.

Linda

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:39 am
There are (or were) premade Smurf packages from Das, with a mould etc. I have one of those, I'll check it out later (much much later, like somewhere in the future :lol: ).
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:06 am
There are (or were) premade Smurf packages from Das, with a mould etc. I have one of those, I'll check it out later (much much later, like somewhere in the future :lol: ).

Drool! I want one!!!! :( :( :(

Fram, you have all the best stuff. I'm gonna move to Belgium!!

Linda

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:22 am
I have lots of goodies, but you should check out saussard.be (he's also a member of this forum, and a regular seller on ebay). His collection is really huge, and well presented on the net. I think it is www.saussard.be , but if you search for saussard and smurf, you'll find him.

[EDIT] Yep, the correct link now (after removing a comma)! [/EDIT]
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:27 am
Thanks, Fram. I was actually looking at one of his auctions last night. Can't remember what it was just remember the name cos I saw it on the memberslist.

Linda

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:38 pm
I like that mushroom...!:)

that process has many possiblities!!!!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)
Page 1 of 1

Login