Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby jrparadine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 am
Sorry guys. this is as big as they can get! Any bigger and they wont post!

And I appreciate the offer to resize, but it would be inconvient to ask for every post!

Sorry!
JOnathan

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 am
You should be able to resize them to make them larger. What picture editing program are you using?

I usually resize them to 800x600 or 600x800 and it seems to work. :D

You can also put them on a website like photobucket and then link to them from there by using the [img] [\img] tags :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm
Keep in mind that size wise for posting is defined in bytes while the size we're interested here is dimension. ;)

You can have a tiny pic with 100x100 pixel filling space wise 1Gb if you set the dpi very high. That is useless in terms of internet.

like Maureen says 800x600 pixels is a great size for internet view, but remember to set your dpi to 72 (internet quality) or about 90 (max 150!).
But if you only want to show the pics on the internet and not print them, then 72 is fine.
Also when saving your pic after re-sizing, you can adjust the level of compression... if you set it to 80 or 75% quality you'll still end up with a good enough picture but it'll take less physical space (in other words, keep the file small, even though the picture is big :-D ).

Can't remember how big files can be to be posted here, but if you keep the file size to under 100Kb you should be fine.
Play with the settings until your satisfied with the picture size/quality and file size that looks right. :)

If it all sounds very complicated, there are programs and websites that can do all that for you automatically. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Page 1 of 1

Login