Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 7 of 12

Postby André » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Fantastic as usual Steve! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tintin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 pm
Hi Steve

It looks great.......... but a swimmingpool this time a year.......... a bit tricky :smile:

Or is it a health clinic, first a sauna and then the cold water.........

Just kidding... it looks great ofcourse.

Tintin

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 am
Awwwwww you have done a marvellous job, Steve. :shock: :smitten: :cheers:

Postby stampysmurf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:28 am
Another wonderful job! I can't wait to see pictures of the whole village!!

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 am
I know im starting to get iritated now and want to get the loft sorted. Its a bit of an akward space all being on an angle with the roof point. So cant work out the best way to do it. pluss I just dont have the cash or wood to start it. :( :(

I think what I want to do up there is put chipbord flooring down and bord up the roof struts etc to give it a kinda wall finish that I can paint or paper over and put a carpet down on the floor. im thinking if I can make some sort of shelfs along one side and build my murf land scape around the other 3 sides all the way round out far enough but leaving just enough room to walk down the center. mabe work some shelving under the landscaping from edge?

Well thats the plan so far lol I keep looking at the space thinking about what i can do. I think the first thing I shold do is wire up some decent lighting at the top point of the erea so i can see what im doing properly first lol.

Im running out of room fast for my models but ive managed to empty out a cubord to fit alot of them in for now so its given me a little more room to make some more. now they have dryed out fully there are a few spits and cracks that have apeared here and there on some of them but nothing a little re filling and painting over will fix., only trouble is i just cant decide what to make next. :-? :)

well as soon as i get started i will be taking pics along the way with pics showing the loft smurf room progress and of corse pics of it all as I build it all.

Now im going back to wait by the front door to see if the postman will bring me any smurfy suprises.........I can hope lol

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 am
Good luck, Steve :D

Planning it all out is half the fun already :)

I am constantly trying to find a better way to display my smurfs and would love a smurfy landscape in my smurf room instead of the boring shelves, so I can't wait to see what you come up with. Who knows..I may steal one or more ideas from you :cool:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:28 am
Here is the odd smurf house thats always in the background of the cartoon.....

Smurfy regards

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm
:worship: :worship: :dawave: :clap2:
Wow Steve!
These are great! You sure built a lot since I last checked. :shock:
Keep up the great work, I look forward to see you vilage once you're done... :-D

BTW, are you going to make 100+1 houses (one for each smurf? ;) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

BTW, are you going to make 100+1 houses (one for each smurf? ;) )
I would make a house for each and every one but i dont think there would be room in the loft even if I converted the hole thing lol........now theres a thought. :idea: :)

Smurfy regards

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Are they hollow? It looks like you have a cord running to this one so you can light it up?

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm
Are they hollow? It looks like you have a cord running to this one so you can light it up?
Yup there all hollow and I plan to put small lights in the buidings and stars in the sky and little smurfy street lamps around the village too so as night falls i can turn them on or work out a way to have them go on and off in the houses randamly for a while or somthing. :D

im even going to make an xmas tree with lights on for xmas time along with xmas things, and halloween, easter etc so I can have a difrent little set up depending on the time of year so its always a little difrent.......well thats the big plan anyways lol..... :) As and when I get around to it is another thing lol :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Tojo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm
I really, really like this one Steve :-D

The small window higher up on the front & the veranda are really cool. This is a wonderful mushroom house :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm
Wow! These are truly amazing!!! :shock: You have a wonderful talent. On average how long does it take you to make one?
~~Christine~~

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:48 pm
Wow! These are truly amazing!!! :shock: You have a wonderful talent. On average how long does it take you to make one?
Not to long on avarage if i start in the am i can finish it by late evening early morning. :) :)

apart from the one with the pool that took a couple of days to do. :D

i just used the left over clay from the last house to make a few mushrooms for the village lol

I dont know what to make next so havent started another yet. :???:

Smurfy regards

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 pm
They are wonderful! Fantastic job!!! :D

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 pm
Incredible! Especially with all the details you put into them. I really enjoy looking at all your Smurfy creations! I can't wait to see what you come up with next... :-)
~~Christine~~

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 am
Well ive had a little spare time and got a bit more of the loft space done and have started doing some scenery here is the first part i have made so far. :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:50 am
WoW Steve! :shock: :shock: :shock:
It looks awesome!!! :) :) :) :-D :D
Love the lively coloring and livelihood of the scenery! :) :) :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Yonna » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:50 am
I just LOVE the Baby smurfs nursery! :smitten: :shock:

Steve: You should be working for the smurf makers!!! They can NEVER come up with anything close to your ideas!
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Tintin » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 am
Hi Steve

Forgive me for asking, but didn't you have trouble with the plaster or clay.....
Doesn't it effect all the little bugs and smurfs you are making.
It would be a shame because it looks fantastic.

Why not ask a job at the makers from Wallace & Gromit, you are just as good.
So you can have your own department........... Smurf movies !!!!!!

Tintin
Page 7 of 12

Login