Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 12
Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:48 pm
Hi all Im back did you miss me? Well its been some time since ive thought about smurfs with moving and sorting my life out a bit. Now im all sttled and have a new house so have room for smurfies now. Im going to convert a space in my loft and start from scratch and build up my all new smurf village.

Its been going around in my head for a few weeks now and yesterday I finaly cracked up again! :lol: I decided I was going to build my smurf village for once and for all! Si I did a google serch and found some interesting smurf house pics and got stuck in and built my first new smurf house!
I used this image I found but changed the colour of the roof and added some more details to the satalite dish. Its the last house on the right (brainys hose)
Anyways its nice to be feeling samurfy again and here are the pics....

Smurfy regards
Steve :D
Attachments
icons.jpg
icons.jpg (53.12 KiB) Viewed 25625 times

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm
Wow! That looks good! What materials did you use? :-D :-D :) :)

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:11 pm
I have used cardbord to make the basic shape underneath then I used a home made clay (made from flour salt and water) To cover it in then put it in the oven at the lowest setting till it was hard enough to paint and glue together. It will air dry too but I dont like to wait over a week for it to set haha. :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:59 pm
That looks really great... Keep showing us your progress if you make more...It would be fun if you took some step by step picks if you make another one.

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 pm
Very nice Steve. I wouldn't mind trying something like that, but I can't seem to find room for what I have. lol.
Mr Bill

Postby steveparkes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:10 am
Looks fantastic Steve, I must have a go at salt dough :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby lobo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 am
Simply great, Steve!!!
excellent idea and excellent ending!!! :cheers:

Postby Beers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 am
Fantastic work Steve, you are a genius ! :D
:stupidsmurf:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:52 am
Great you continued to create again. :yay: :D The houses are terrific!!! :love:

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am
It's great to have you back smurfing again Steve :-D :-D

I love the new smurf house - it's incredible!! But then again I've loved all of your creations :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with...
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 am
Thanks everyone. :D Ive nearly finished making greedys bakery house but alass I cant finish painting it as I have run out of yellow and orange paint for the roof. :( :( I cant get any for a couple more weeks yet when I get a little spending money left from the bills etc etc. So will have to wait till then to finish painting it uless i can find some somewere?

Im also thinking of start buying smurfs agin along the line starting with the ones ive never had such as the movie set, star sign set etc. Anyone know the cheapest place to get hold of them?

Smurfy regards

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 pm
Great job Steve!! :D :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 pm
well here is my next one greedys bakery.........

Smurfy regards

Postby Lia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:00 pm
What a terrific sign above the door!!! Great!

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm
I really like your houses, Steve...great to see you having so much fun again...and well done on those little details. I can't wait to see the village :)

Ever thought about trying your hands on the dam the smurfs seem to be building all the time?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm
I built the dam a long while ago but wasnt that impressed with it. But I will be building it again for my village when i get around to it. :-D Along with a new castle as the other one got a bit broken so im thinking of completly re building it. I might even get around to building the smurf bank this time too lol. As well as all them trees and bushes etc again lol. But I want to make the trees and shrubs better well the leafy parts anyways. But I cand work out on how I can make them better any sugestions anyone? I want to keep them all cartoony looking so if anyone has any ideas? Or other smurfy things I could build for my village please let me know. :D

Smurfy regards

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am
Fantastic Steve!! I love the bright vibrant colours :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Beers » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 am
You made some great stuff a few years ago Steve, but these houses are well better, you have raised your standards and your imagination and creativity has gone way beyond anything i could do, and like Tojo said, the colours are superb :D

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 am
Thankyou all. Im having fun making them, I like the brighter colours as I think it keeps it more cartoony and looks better than the duller colours.

Yeah Ive decided to make them look better than befor and now I have this clay recipie That only costs pennies I can build them a lot better as befor I was using paper machay and wall plaster to build the main parts but with the clay I can mold it around the cardbord alot better and add more detailing to it.

Im just trying to decide what one to make next hehe. :)

I cant wait to get some floorbords and lighting to put in the loft then I can start building the tables around the edge so I can start laying the foundations for the village forest river etc etc.

Im just trying to work out a better way of making the leafy parts of the trees and bushes so they look better. :-?

Smurfy regards

Postby Beers » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:19 am
Good Luck Steve, you seem to have lots of ideas swirling around inside your head, i hope it all works out for you and your hard work is rewarded in the end :D
Page 1 of 12

Login