Home of the Smurf Community

This is the place to discuss making smurfy scenes and showing off your smurf displays. Let your artistic imaginations run wild.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:56 am
Hi all I finally decided to just put super smurfs in the larger box. It will hold five of them. My two smurfettes that are in the larger box wouldn't fit in the smaller longer one. Also the smaller longer one does't quite let the lid fit over the boxes. The shorter one does. The only super that won't fit in any of them is the Diver unless I display him getting ready to climb up. The problem with that is he has his hand together like he's ready to dive. I will find a place for him. Bill

ImageImage
Mr Bill

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:11 pm
Looking good, Bill!!! I really like those boxes! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:50 pm
Hi Duckie; I bought 5 more friday night. I had to work at the football game yesterday so I didn't get to do anything with them untill today. Here are three more. I like to keep my smurfs in themes but can't alway do that. The box on top of the other one are supers still in boxes. It is very hard to put the smurf in set up they are very easy to knock over. I may go with the larger boxes for my supers they are the same price as the longer one. $9.99 the shorter one is $5.99 I can also stack them. Bill

ImageImage
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm
By the way all the boxes are full except the second pole vaulter with the sticker. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:33 pm
Where do you get these little display cases, Bill? They look nice and should keep the dust off the smurfies too :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:45 pm
Hi Staci; I got them at a place called hobby lobby. But I would think you could find them at any sports dealers shop. They are for die cast cars and trucks. The longer one doesn't do very well with the supers the cover won't quite fit. Plus many of the Supers are too wide. The taller case is perfect for supers it hold 5 of them is wide and tall enough for all of them except the high diver. I put him a basketball, soccer ball case with my large house that is opened. Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:18 pm
I went to the manufacture today on line you can buy them from them a lot cheaper but you have to buy a case of them. I some instances that isn't too bad 12 or so but some of them you have to buy 100. I think I googled Pioneer display cases. I think the price diffrence was $4 and apposed to $9.99. I used to have the money be able to get a case a month but I lost my renter. $350 a month. Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm
I bought some more new boxes this weekend they are yet a diffrent size. They will only hold 3 supersmurfs and are not as wide as the ones I have the smurfettes in. They will hold a lot of the supersmurfs but some are just too wide or tall and need the larger box. This box is only $5.99 the larger one is $9.99 when I first bought them I paid $26 for 4 of them and two of the longer cases that will hold 6 supers. I took them back because the clerk gave me 50% off on them and wasn't suposed to. I then went and bought them again for $54. here are the pic's of three of them and I tried to get a pic of all the diffrent sizes together so you could see. Bill
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:41 pm
You're very honest Bill, not everyone would have taken the cases back to the shop like that :D

The cases are a good alternative to putting the smurfs in a cabinet as they still remain protected from dust & grime. They do seem to be quite expensive though.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:16 pm
Yes Tojo I don't know that I will ever get rich with that attatude but I do feel better about myself. Funny thing had I not gone back in to get more at that price I would have just thought I got them cheaper that usuall. Oh well. I guess the price is a little bit high, but I need to get the smurfs in something and for now this is my best option, Bill

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:33 pm
They might cost a bit but they sure look great, Bill!! I love your displays! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:43 pm
The only problem with them is getting all the Smurfs in there putting the lid on and putting them where I want them. I usually knock one or two over before I get them where I want them. I am thinking about drilling holes in the bottoms and putting some kind of elastic band over some of the feet and parts. I have a very small drill bit that I can put into a drimmel tool that will drill the holes. They use elastic for things like barbie dolls and other toys that would work. Bill

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:00 am
Nice way of displaying your Smurfs and keeping the dust off them at the same time. I like the idea Bill

Good Job :thumbsmurf:

Dyar

Postby bwalters » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 pm
Check out this one. I got this smurfette's bedroom with the lunar playset and windmill I won't set up the windmill it's Mint and I have one on display already. Bill
P.S. I put some shelf paper in the bottom of the case.

ImageImage
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login